Welcome! Log In Register
28 KH ON DEEP SILVER.
Posted by: calabash digger
Date: August 25, 2018 07:19PM
Testing 28 kh on deep silver.video: https://youtu.be/8DPzXXS6c_c

Re: 28 KH ON DEEP SILVER.
Posted by: AV-Digger
Date: August 26, 2018 05:12AM
Which x35 coil are you getting? I hope you have a chance to test the 4k boost mode in your garden! Keep the videos coming!

Date: August 26, 2018 05:48AM
9 inch

Posted by: LTimedigger
Date: August 26, 2018 03:41PM
As someone who enjoys searching for everything, I've found the 28kh to be the closest thing to a "sweet" setting out there, good on both low and high conductors, even when deep. You would think the lower kh would hit the deeper high conductors better in a park but I've really not found that to be the case. They probably hit a bit deeper but theLF coils are noisier and I suspect you miss targets in trashier spots.. I've been told that the 35 is not much quieter. Hope it is cuz the 4kh is helpful where some types of modern trash are bad. Look forward to your review.

Posted by: basstrackerman
Date: August 26, 2018 07:05PM
My x35 coils are extremely stable and quiet. I can run sensitivity 97-99 pretty much all the time. The tones seem alot cleaner I've noticed. Also really like the silencer stays where you set it no matter where you set the speed.. that must be the version 5 update.. overall I feel the new coils along with the update was a huge improvement. As great as it was before it's hard to put down now... However not everyone shares my feelings. I've seen several that say their new coils are no quieter than the older ones.. we will see once more reports come out

Retired...happy...been detecting since 1978. Bill

Posted by: LTimedigger
Date: August 27, 2018 12:28PM
I didnt know silencer stayed the same. That is good. Can you do norm on/off on this coil? CD has neutral soil like mine. Maybe when he compares it in his test garden where emi is bad vs a cleaner site, might help us evaluate the "noise" debate better. thanks

Posted by: basstrackerman
Date: August 27, 2018 01:18PM
Yes normal on or off. I don't know what XP did with these latest updates but I really like them. Being able to change TX boost and use the new boost mode in low frequency is nice. Some relic guys use the 28 kHz on the HF coils and what I'm hoping for is a good comparison between the HF coil and the x35 coils in the 27.7-28 frequency range.

Retired...happy...been detecting since 1978. Bill

Posted by: martygene
Date: August 29, 2018 09:22AM
CD.. do you think that the 9" HF coil at 28Khz would hit those targets in full tones the same as it does in pitch?

Date: August 29, 2018 09:57AM
It does well in full tones too. It high tones nicely on the 9 silver dime. I should have filmed it in full tones ….might do that later..

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login