Findmall.com

XP Deus Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
LF coils software versoin
Posted by: Jeff in Pa
Date: November 10, 2018 09:32PM
I currently have the 9 and 11" LF coils. I am wondering if there is a solid conclusion of which version is the deepest or the most stable?
I have done some of my own testing and version 3.2 sure seems to be deeper and more stable for the LF coils. I was only doing air tests but there was a very noticeable difference for me.

Anyone else ever tested the 3.2 over the 5.2?

Or is another version better?

DEUS

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/10/2018 09:34PM by Jeff in Pa.

Re: LF coils software versoin
Posted by: remmy
Date: November 11, 2018 04:28AM
I have always thought that my deus was deeper in certain programs in v3.2 also. I am at 5.2 now because i have x35 as well as a 9 lf. I was a huge fan of youtube metaldetecting24 negative ground balance program in v3.2, it seemed to be the deepest program i could find. It never worked as well from v4 up. Where in PA are you? I am near Harisburg.

Date: November 11, 2018 06:25AM
I've watched a few of his videos. I have been been running the 5.2 a few times now and thought I am not hitting anything deep. I knew using 3.2 for a long time that I have dug very, very deep for coins.
I think I will stick with 3.2.
I live in Northumberland, about an hour north of Harrisburg.

DEUS

Posted by: brother steve
Date: November 11, 2018 12:29PM
Wow, I'm in Lewistown, about an hour or so away. Be great to get together and have a little hunt talk deus. I run 4.2.

Date: November 11, 2018 03:18PM
That's possible, I work in Middleburg.

DEUS

Posted by: John (Australia)
Date: November 11, 2018 06:19PM
I am of the understanding the Hot program is built from version 3.2, try saving your program after building it from 5.2 Hot program and see if you get the same depth.

Date: November 11, 2018 07:54PM
That's s great idea. I thought about that after I installed 3.2.

I will probably try that if the coils are very chatty.

Thanks

DEUS

Posted by: LTimedigger
Date: November 13, 2018 10:53AM
Jeff, you can attach 5.2 to the LF if you want however it was designed specifically for the X35 coil, and indeed a dealer whom I trust told me it provides no additional benefits on the LF coil. Try running 3.2 with Calabash's relic program using pitch. I've found it gives the best depth of any I''ve used I live in an older home and thought I had it dug out but went back with this program and pulled couple more old coins using 4.1 with the HF. But keep in mind there are no tone breaks so is a pain where the trash is really bad. HH Paul

Posted by: Gary-B
Date: November 13, 2018 11:18AM
Another idea is to use program number 6 Deep as your platform.
Deep uses version 2 filters (silencer works differently).
This will hit harder on targets, the down side is it will not be so stable amongst iron.
Keep me posted, it will be good to hear your thoughts.

XP Metal Detectors - Watch the XP Skill School video's and catch up on the latest information at the XP Classroom: http://www.xp-detectors.co.uk/

Date: November 13, 2018 11:28AM
Thanks for the reply's

I have used 3.2 for many deep coins in the past. I dug a Merc at a measured 11" plus with the 9" LF in clean ground @ reactivity of 1.
I never used 2.0 because my start with the Deus was right when the first updates started.

I will let you know what I think of 2.0 after I get my silver fix on 3.2 :clapping:

DEUS

Date: November 14, 2018 11:23AM
I was out yesterday for a short while and had loaded 3.2 in remote, WS4 and 2 LF coils. I was getting ALOT of interference. The normal chatty Deus was quiet and chatty. There was definitely something wrong. I say this because I have been to this site dozens of times with many detectors including this machine.

There was an obvious problem with the version I had loaded because both coils had the same issue.
I went home and reloaded with 5.2 and used program 6 as a basis for my preferences.
I will be testing it later today to see if that had cured it.

More to come.

DEUS

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login