Findmall.com

XP Deus Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: If I stumble across a pristine ORX for a great price ...
Posted by: Ghost uk
Date: August 20, 2019 03:06PM
It’s no deus.
Guess it’s accurate to say It’s a smaller weaker little brother .
Good machine no doubt, but again, it’s no deus .

Ghost uk responded: "It’s no deus." ... And Monte's reply: ...
Posted by: Monte
Date: August 20, 2019 07:13PM
Yes, I know that very well. The Deus I acknowledged as being a workhorse. However, for ME, the ORX makes a better fit. I do not rely on only one make and model in my Regular-Use Detector Team because there's no 'perfect' detector, and for ME, I am enjoying the ORX because it is providing me all the performance I want and need from it, it was reasonably affordable, and it lacks a lot of 'fluff' or added adjustment functions I can easily live without for where I hunt and what I need it to do. There are a lot of rifles out there to hunt with, but I don't need the most featured, largest caliber, highest cost make or model to handle what I need for my hunts. The same goes for selecting a four wheel drive off-road vehicle and many other items that could be compared.

Yes, the Deus is a fine detector. I have friends who have added one to their own detector arsenal. But I also know a couple who HAD a Deus but parted with it and switched to the ORX for similar reasons I like it. So, as long as folks like what they use and find good stuff with it and are satisfied .... I'll just be comfortable I have the excellent ORX.

We all have to like our personal choices.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Fisher: 1, Nokta-Makro: 4, Teknetics: 1, Tesoro: 4, White's: 1
Killer B's 'Hornet' and White's 'Pro Star'
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login