Findmall.com

Minelab CTX 3030 Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: hunting in trash
Posted by: sube
Date: February 20, 2018 04:38PM
No I don't downplay tones this is where I get my audio ID if it's there . my first pattern is FE line at 34 ferrous coin , manual sensitivity ,pitch hold , fast on ,combine ,1200HZ nickel bin 12.09 to 12.15 coin bin 12.29 to 12.50 at 1200HZ .now all I have to listen for is a high tone . Second screen 32 to 35 disc out the rest of the settings the same . User button same settings as second screen but high trash as tone profile .sube

Posted by: boiporitto
Date: November 21, 2018 03:27AM
Fantastic demonstration Sube.
Definitely, need to be more careful looking at the screen where there are more iron.
Thanks for great video.

Best Regards,
Belayet Hossain
https://toolguider.com

Posted by: wyohunter99
Date: November 21, 2018 08:15AM
Seems like every time I lower my FE line above 30 I dig a lot of iron.

Date: November 26, 2018 07:36PM
You will dig more iron same as the nox lowering the iron bias same thing .

When you lower your Fe line above 30 it's a whole new world out there say 32 you will get rid of most nails

Ways not to dig iron if iron is high toning look at your screen do the #s travel up and down the right side of your screen say 12.47 to 12.50 that's iron high toning leave it .
Does the target repeat in the same place north and south and east and west you can also have a target repeat only north and south or only east and west or only one way say north . But they all have to repeat in the same place .
Now on the single hit say north try a slightly different angle about 2% difference is it still there if not you have iron 95%
I only run ferrous coin

Iron it seems well only high tone in a certain spot double high where it sits or a thrown high not where it is where as a coin when you turn 2% well still be there not like the iron.

Those signals that move when you pinpoint all be check with target trace bought ways to see if a coin is with iron.

You need more time on the machine God knows i dug my share of crap but it was a learning experience if you follow some of these suggestions it will cut your crap load down .sube

Re: hunting in trashN/T
Date: December 15, 2018 06:30PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Posted by: LawrencetheMDer
Date: February 28, 2019 12:17PM
Dig-it! Great thread, Man. Learning a lot.
Had my CTX for 2 yrs now, beach hunt for 4 months/yr, and looking for Gold ring #23 (and gold teeth #4).
Ground-Coin only way to go on black sand beaches of west Florida.
For those interested, some info of this thread, (but much missing) is discussed in Sabisch's CTX 3030 handbook on target separation...on my third reading.

Posted by: walker1200
Date: March 08, 2019 11:41AM
I agree, ive learned a ton from this thread!

Sube (or anyone), can you explain why FC attempts to push a target to the 12 line? I like to run FC too, because i can see multiple targets, but i guess it seems like forcing the cursor to appear on the 12 line could be misleading (shrug).

Thanks!
-Kerry

Date: March 08, 2019 08:49PM
Ferrous coin was made to separate the iron from the coin signal . All the other modes take the two signals and combine them say giving you a 27.45 which is a blend of the two metals . Now ferrous coin will separate these signals and put one on the 12 line and one in the iron box say a dime which should give you a 12.45 however when a nail is on a dime that's a east west trace ferrous coin may give you a 12.21 to 12.35 you will have a false also at 12.40 and maybe another at 12.45 so you may get 3 target traces on the screen .

So you have 2 or 3 traces on the screen the lowest one is the one you want to pinpoint not the 12.45 or 12.40 the reason being that nail has down graded the signal to 12.21 to 12.35 . you won't get a 12.45 with a dime when there's a nail on it east west . the reason you want to dig the 12.21 to 12.35 is it well be silent if not silent and you get tone at 12.45 go by the tone .

Now the other modes only well give you a 27.45 or 29.45 and iron in the box not really separating them you can say they do but most targets dug will also have iron in the box I think this has to do with how much natural iron is in the ground or just rust flakes from nails and caps .

So the other 3 modes with iron may be anywhere from 21,45 to 29.45 look at the second # if it repeats in the same place dig if it wonders around leave it's more than likely just iron . Now silent traces with iron on the coin will read from 27.45 to 29.45 most anything above 27.45 will most likely give tone because the iron has not killed the signal . sube

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login