Findmall.com

Minelab CTX 3030 Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: Hacking the CTX
Posted by: gabbyhayes
Date: January 30, 2016 12:37PM
Just curious....can you post the link to this file...I haven't been able to find it on their site.

Gabby :canadaflag:

:garrett:GTI 2500 AT PRO ACE 250 Pro Pointer
:whites: V3i Surf PI Pro
:minelab: CTX3030

Posted by: bklein
Date: January 31, 2016 10:23AM
Posted by: glenn3-88
Date: February 05, 2016 11:25AM
CT Todd
For what possible reason would anyone think they could improve the unit. Just stupid

I can't for the life of me see what's so offensive to everybody. If you don't like what you got then
don't tell the world until you have """"successfully accomplished changing it""""". Then as a forum
Partner , share your findings and how you were able to do it. I doubt there is as much as
1% of the members would have the balls to try and change theirs anyway. I know I wouldn't.
But, if it was a success for you, then share your way of changing it. I would love to have a couple
more tone bins myself.

GO FOR IT-----IT'S YOURS AND DO TO IT WHAT YOU WISH AND DON'T BE OFFENDED IF SOMEONE
DISAGREES.

Let us know your results and how to get those extra tone bins.

Posted by: gabbyhayes
Date: February 05, 2016 04:04PM
bklein
http://www.minelab.com/opensource
I get there but can't seem to download the code...always get an error.

Gabby :canadaflag:

:garrett:GTI 2500 AT PRO ACE 250 Pro Pointer
:whites: V3i Surf PI Pro
:minelab: CTX3030

Date: February 06, 2016 09:58AM
I downloaded it earlier. It is a 600MB ISO file. What do I do - burn it to a CD and run, or is there an environment it should be run in?
Weird that Minelab seems to have lost the link to it - they have to post it as they still say on their site.

Barry

Posted by: moparalph
Date: February 08, 2016 11:39PM
The other night, I was working on mine to get it to project a 3-D image of the target in the ground with depth and composition info....then the darn alarm went off and I woke up.

Posted by: Altamaha
Date: February 09, 2016 04:42PM
moparalph
The other night, I was working on mine to get it to project a 3-D image of the target in the ground with depth and composition info....then the darn alarm went off and I woke up.

Lmao

HH

Posted by: mypenneys
Date: February 14, 2016 09:49AM
I would like to see lower tones down to15 cycles per second even the iron tone to high I just want a few cycles per second for iron.
I can not stand the high tones and I would love to have a reverse all tones high to low. That way when I get tired of listing to high tones I can just flip them. Also would like to have a high power to low power switch. So I can go from 27 down to 13 or 30 down to 17 but I set the levels. Tired of lowering the signal so I can pinpoint a item close to the surface.
And I wand a discrimation pattern and tone to fill that pattern not adjustable boxes that don't correlate with my tones

Posted by: Jason in Enid
Date: February 14, 2016 10:34AM
mypenneys
I would like to see lower tones down to15 cycles per second even the iron tone to high I just want a few cycles per second for iron.
I can not stand the high tones and I would love to have a reverse all tones high to low. That way when I get tired of listing to high tones I can just flip them. Also would like to have a high power to low power switch. So I can go from 27 down to 13 or 30 down to 17 but I set the levels. Tired of lowering the signal so I can pinpoint a item close to the surface.
And I wand a discrimation pattern and tone to fill that pattern not adjustable boxes that don't correlate with my tones

Do you even own a CTX? Everything you just described is what the CTX does already.

Date: February 14, 2016 11:19AM
I thought of one suggestion yesterday. On another forum a guy posted a youtube video of how if a scew and coin were together no sound emits but both IDs are on the screen. I would think that two simultaneous tones would be possible or at least something audible to indicate this...

Posted by: trojdor
Date: February 14, 2016 01:53PM
mypenneys
Also would like to have a high power to low power switch. So I can go from 27 down to 13 or 30 down to 17 but I set the levels. Tired of lowering the signal so I can pinpoint a item close to the surface.

You don't have to lower the sensitivity to pinpoint an object on the surface.
Just raise the coil off the ground...it's a lot easier and faster.
It also cleans up the 'double-blip' signal.

mike

Posted by: huntindog1
Date: February 19, 2016 11:00AM
I agree since no there have been no updates , since that was a selling point of why the detector was so expensive, that if some of the techno guys can create some extra things to tinker with then so be it.

I hope guys on this site would work to improve the image of this site.

Improvements to the machine can be made if not then there is no future for minelab, what would they come out with next?

For those of you at are involved in Software and Electronics development know code can be written in a hurry and small things get over looked.

Alot of times things that could have been done wasnt as other features were added so some features had to be sacrificed , but if a person doesnt need some features
those could be deleted for other features more important to the person.

Always remember 100 brains are better than one or even 1000 is better than 100. You would be surprised at what a group of techno nerds can do and do better.

CTX3030,ETRAC,Omega 8000,Fisher F2, Compadre ,Silver Sabre Plus, Golden Sabre Plus, Garrett GTA1000, CZ6,BH Platinum

Posted by: glenn3-88
Date: February 22, 2016 10:32AM
mypenneys

Can you tell me the name of the machine you know if that does this?
Very interested!!!

Posted by: mypenneys
Date: August 27, 2016 01:52PM
You can't go below 75 cycles and I can't flip the tones. Also would like to lock up the search frequency. On what I want to use.
Also the Normal Smooth and long function sucks. The long is to long.
The target tones sucks maybe you should buy a whites to here what a good target I'd sounds like.
The Whites V3i 7.5 kHz freq is the best all around freq.
The whites is more difficult to set tones off for descrimation id's
Does not turn off the tones when you turn off descrimation I'd numbers.
Wish I could select 2 of the frequencies instead of 3 frequencies
Options are single freq or 3 frequency.
I find the 22 kHz frequency is worthless and a very noisy frequency.
Both the Whites V3i and the CTX-3030 processors are way to slow.
The Deus is super fast processing. Unbelievable

Posted by: Altamaha
Date: August 28, 2016 08:04AM
Rex123
CT Todd
For what possible reason would anyone think they could improve the unit. Just stupid

"If it weren't for those who dared to try we would still be living in caves" my old man always said.

I have not bought my CTX yet and after reading a lot of what's been posted in the last 12 months I may not bother. I came on to this forum as there's little in the UK about this machine, oh I know there's plenty of vids on youtube but most users are wearing Minelab hats...

Will maybe re-read some of the posts, before making my mind up.

Amen - Rex123

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login