Findmall.com

Minelab CTX 3030 Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: Hacking the CTX
Posted by: mypenneys
Date: November 21, 2016 11:08AM
Wish you would hurry up and get it done. Would like to test it.
The Normall, Smoothed, Long. Needs to be adjustable for one
Second the Display needs to be Brighter. With brighter targets or change the colors so you can see them under the black displays on the screen.
Also very low Iron Audi down to 15 cycles or so. Also assign a Audio to a discrimation pattern on the screen. Whatever dot screen you create anywhere on the screen. Be able to highlight the dot pattern and assign a tone. Just like I can do on tneWhites V3i...Add at least 5 more patterns to save. 10 not enough
50 tone would like to assign the indivuall line frequencys I want. Be able to change every vertical line with freq of my choice.
Also be able to lock transmitt frequency on what I want to select. Best over all frequency 7.5 KHz but I want a selection of 1.5 kHz 5khz. 7.5khz. 9.5 kHz. 11.5 kHz 13.5 kHz 15.5 kHz
17.5 kHz. 22khz. Or just make it variable. Also slight increase in power if possible. The Garrett AT Pro out performs the CTX3030. The people I hunt with find Spanish Reals 1/2 silver dimes. Largecents. Coppers. English coins. Everything. The ctx3030 sucks. The software Sucks

Posted by: bklein
Date: November 21, 2016 04:08PM
I'd like to see how things would be with the CTX if it had simultaneous multiple tones.
It has been demonstrated that iron presence audibly kills a good target ID sound. You can use pinpoint to ID the target over the iron, but what if we actually heard both instead of only one.
The normal/smoothed/long is trying to make up for this by allowing you to set what has priority and what the sound profile is.
My interpretation of the CTX transmit is that basically you can assume it already transmits those frequencies you mention, by means of a digital pulse stream. It is up to the receiving circuitry (and our brain) to make sense of the received signal.
I'm mostly a beach hunter and already am digging down 20" to get an aluminum nugget smaller than the size of a piece of corn. I don't think I'm missing targets - I'm just not getting the coil over them as often as others.
I don't hunt in difficult ground conditions - I can see how other detectors might handle this better.
I haven't had an AT Pro but reading messages about it at the beach makes it sound to be much more of a challenge to use there than the CTX.
With the CTX to me the audio is a mental challenge. You have to classify target sounds in your head and do filtering in your head. If I switch from Beach to Relic I'm rather lost due to the audio I would have to relearn.
The CTX already turns people off because of all the options it seems to have. I had started to learn the Whites Spectrum XLT before the CTX and boy that was scary - but get a good program setup going and bam it hits targets nicely. It might scare more people if there were submenus for what we have now. I'd like to see them just to see if we can discover something new - like some way to detect gold chains.
I think the user interface - how you jump from manual to auto sensitivity for example - annoying and needing work.
And hey I'd really like to see a coil adapter circuit that would open up the coil side of things to DIY coils and pinpointers.

Posted by: sube
Date: November 21, 2016 08:26PM
I have wondered why they did not give audio to the trace the electronic signal is there seems that it could be converted to audio .

But if you watch my videos the nail also paints in the high conductor range even though it's a low tone then you have nails that high tone here also and paints a block here this would be confusing to give all traces falses and low tone nails a high tone .

The way it's set up now at least you know a nail is there by the low tone .

As to the nails high toning and painting I don't think you can change physics there just going to be there . sube

Date: November 21, 2016 10:11PM
Yeah, I don't see why they couldn't have kept to assigned tones for various ID's in pinpoint. That would be interesting to experience.
It is similar to my desire to make a pinpointer with ID tones...

On the topic of nails, I suspect it actually goes beyond there being a nail or not. It is a question of what the background CE/FE are in relation to the target. Any combination of metals can skew things.
If you put a quarter and a nickel together you don't see nickel and quarter ID's - you see skewed ID's that might not make sense but are in the ballpark so you'll dig.
Do the tests with high iron ground and I suspect ID's are skewed too. We know it reduces sensitivity. Ratio of iron to target signal level too high.
I hunt So. CA beaches 95% of the time so I get some iron content but not enough for me to worry about. Often when you see that there are rings nearby and they'll sound off somehow. I just won't detect them 15" down.

I am beginning to think that we have reached the limits of detection and now need to spend more time on ID and audio in detector designs. Size, material, shape and depth are what we need to do better on. We need to provide our brains more data. Some of us will do better than others with it.

Posted by: pghmole
Date: November 24, 2016 10:53AM
mypenneys
Wish you would hurry up and get it done. Would like to test it.
The Normall, Smoothed, Long. Needs to be adjustable for one
Second the Display needs to be Brighter. With brighter targets or change the colors so you can see them under the black displays on the screen.
Also very low Iron Audi down to 15 cycles or so. Also assign a Audio to a discrimation pattern on the screen. Whatever dot screen you create anywhere on the screen. Be able to highlight the dot pattern and assign a tone. Just like I can do on tneWhites V3i...Add at least 5 more patterns to save. 10 not enough
50 tone would like to assign the indivuall line frequencys I want. Be able to change every vertical line with freq of my choice.
Also be able to lock transmitt frequency on what I want to select. Best over all frequency 7.5 KHz but I want a selection of 1.5 kHz 5khz. 7.5khz. 9.5 kHz. 11.5 kHz 13.5 kHz 15.5 kHz
17.5 kHz. 22khz. Or just make it variable. Also slight increase in power if possible. The Garrett AT Pro out performs the CTX3030. The people I hunt with find Spanish Reals 1/2 silver dimes. Largecents. Coppers. English coins. Everything. The ctx3030 sucks. The software Sucks
LOL! Nope...learn your machine buddy

Hey guys if the ground is dry and you dig anyways you WILL kill the grass,there is no way around it!,don't make us look any worse or damage property...private or public and please no foot shovels in the park period!

Current detectors:
Ctx 3030
E Trac
Deus
Equinox 800 (pre ordered)

Pinpointers:
Garrett pro pointer
Garrett carrot
Whites Trx
Minelab pro find 35
Sunray x1 probe

Re: Hacking the CTXN/T
Posted by: "Carolina"
Date: November 24, 2016 12:39PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

MINELAB CTX 3030
MINELAB Excalibur II
MINELAB Excalibur 1000
MINELAB Excalibur Gold Sword
MINELAB X-Terra 705
VALLON VMH3CS
WHITES Dual Field

Posted by: AngerManagement
Date: December 15, 2016 01:16AM
I have access to the MLX file and it is just an SQL data base....

Interesting to see some of the field name and maybe what some may have considered...

But not sure what good it would do if you did not know what the hardware limits were. I.E Auto Gain +/- 3 could change to +/- 5 but if the hardware does not accept...

The main reason the guy I found had gotten access was to get to the GPS tables etc and then to export so as to work with and maybe share the GPS data.

Date: December 15, 2016 10:48AM
Do you mean MLF file?

Date: December 28, 2016 08:31PM
I agree you need to no the internal processor program that talks to each function key which in turn controls the brightness of the screen controls the power settings and much more that's why we need the Unicode then it needs to be reverse engineered. I am a technician not a programmer. I am familiar with EPROMs and reprogramming then with new code but not righting code. I can trouble shoot a problem with a schematic. That's why I'm interested in talking to Charles in upstate ny. He has looked at the wave forms. I have oscillators and oscilloscopes just need to no how and where he looked at the wave forms.

Date: December 28, 2016 08:32PM
I agree you need to no the internal processor program that talks to each function key which in turn controls the brightness of the screen controls the power settings and much more that's why we need the Unicode then it needs to be reverse engineered. I am a technician not a programmer. I am familiar with EPROMs and reprogramming then with new code but not righting code. I can trouble shoot a problem with a schematic. That's why I'm interested in talking to Charles in upstate ny. He has looked at the wave forms. I have oscillators and oscilloscopes just need to no how and where he looked at the wave forms.
Frank. mypenneys@hotmail.com

Date: December 31, 2016 09:53AM
The Minelab CTX-3030 lacks that magic setting no amount of learning this unit will change that.

Date: January 04, 2017 01:05AM
Changing the memory battery in the cycle 3030
By mypenneys@hotmail.com

Date: January 15, 2017 08:37PM
Changing the memory battery in the CTX-3030

Re: CTX-3030 Memory Battery Replacement
Date: January 15, 2017 08:47PM
CTX-3030 Memory Battery Replacement & a diagram of how I think some of the Coil wiring goes

Re Battery Replacement CTX-3030
Date: January 15, 2017 08:54PM
More images of CTX-3030 Boards

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login