Findmall.com

Minelab CTX 3030 Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: RE: Screen issue update
Posted by: rluka
Date: April 29, 2016 11:05AM
JamesBondaka
GKMan
If it was me, after that second time around with the screen. I would have gathered as many photos of other CTX's that didn't have the rainbow effect. You could have came on here and asked us and probably most every one of us would have sent you a photo of ours . I would have then sent them to Minelab, or told them to visit this forum (which I understand they do) to see the difference. This is all in hindsight of course. I feel for you, but you are going to have a tough time fighting city hall now that you are out of warranty.

At this point since you have nothing to lose, you could try an eecb.... People do have luck with those sometimes.

:thumbup: I agree

Rluka, I hate to say it but I think you should have done something about this issue along time ago AND pursued it IF it wasn't to your liking. I don't agree with all Minelab actions and business practices but they are a business and have to protect their interests. I not saying that they should treat you badly but you should have got what you needed when you detector was under warranty. I personally have had good dealings with Minelab, If you feel you haven't been treated right....as GKMan says send them photos and info AND tell them why or for what reason this wasn't pursued before.

Good luck to you!

Thanks for your response...I was in contact with them about the fact that they sent me a second detector that still had the defective screen and they told me it was normal and that is what they were saying when it was under warranty

Minelab CXT3030, Gray Ghost underwater headphones, Garrett Pro-Pointer
<><><><><><><>
PAST DETECTORS
Whites 6000D
Whites Eagle llSL90
Whites MXT
Explorer ll
Excalibur ll
Explorer SE,15 inch WOT, 12x10 SEF, Sun Ray Stealth X-8, Sun Ray Stealth X-5, Sun Ray X-1 Target probe

Posted by: JamesBondaka
Date: April 29, 2016 03:21PM
rluka
JamesBondaka
GKMan
If it was me, after that second time around with the screen. I would have gathered as many photos of other CTX's that didn't have the rainbow effect. You could have came on here and asked us and probably most every one of us would have sent you a photo of ours . I would have then sent them to Minelab, or told them to visit this forum (which I understand they do) to see the difference. This is all in hindsight of course. I feel for you, but you are going to have a tough time fighting city hall now that you are out of warranty.

At this point since you have nothing to lose, you could try an eecb.... People do have luck with those sometimes.

:thumbup: I agree

Rluka, I hate to say it but I think you should have done something about this issue along time ago AND pursued it IF it wasn't to your liking. I don't agree with all Minelab actions and business practices but they are a business and have to protect their interests. I not saying that they should treat you badly but you should have got what you needed when you detector was under warranty. I personally have had good dealings with Minelab, If you feel you haven't been treated right....as GKMan says send them photos and info AND tell them why or for what reason this wasn't pursued before.

Good luck to you!

Thanks for your response...I was in contact with them about the fact that they sent me a second detector that still had the defective screen and they told me it was normal and that is what they were saying when it was under warranty

I understand that and point that fact out to Minelab. Ask them if its their policy to tell customers the wrong information? Ask them if its the policy to not take care of a defective product? Ask them if theres some mutual agreement that you both can reach to solve this problem and that EVERONE is happy? I would call them and be firm but polite. I cant imagine that if you explain the situation to them and they will ADMIT that they did the wrong thing, and that they would not accommodate you in some way. Your big hurtle is that its not under warranty now and Minelab naturally doesn't want to fix it for free. Again, I don't think misleading the customer is proper but hopefully a common ground can be reach. Retaining a attorney for a small fee might be in order as well, if for some unknown reason that don't see your way.
Please, get them to SPELL out exactly their policy, why they did what they did and why.....and what maybe they would do to fix the problem.

Good luck!

................................*......................... I will find a million dollars, one penny at a time!............Viva Detectorados USA.................*.........................................

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~If the hobby of metal detecting made perfect sense...everyone would do it~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

V3i ExpSe Xlt F75 Umax Dfx Mxt Gmt Ace ETrac 505 Gold & Coinmaster Deleon Mpx Prizm II Cz5/3D Goldengate 3D BH300 Ctx Jeohunter Tm-808

Date: April 29, 2016 05:03PM
First off:
I just want to thank the forum owners for letting me post my issues here. I really appreciate that and also the fact that they represent all detector manufacturers here.
Thanks

Also, Minelab is talking to me again.....I have forwarded many emails to Minelab from the past dealing with this issue and hopefully it was just a misunderstanding.

I kind of freaked out at first because I felt that I was backed into a corner because they initially refused to listen to me. That why I posted this here.

Thanks for all the comments from supporters and non supporters to my cause.

Have a great day
Ron Lukawitski

<><><><><><><>
PAST DETECTORS
Whites 6000D
Whites Eagle llSL90
Whites MXT
Explorer ll
Excalibur ll
Explorer SE,15 inch WOT, 12x10 SEF, Sun Ray Stealth X-8, Sun Ray Stealth X-5, Sun Ray X-1 Target probe

Posted by: CopyTech99
Date: April 30, 2016 02:25PM
Best of luck to you. With the documentation, you have a very strong case IMO. I hope they see it the same way.

Date: May 03, 2016 03:28PM
Jason in Enid
So it survived the 3 year warranty plus another year, and now you feel it's minelab's problem? I guess I should blame Ford if I have to pay for any repairs needed after my warranty expires there? Maybe I should blame Maytag because I have to have my 10 year old washer repaired?

It sucks how expensive the repair is, but the warranty is what it is. It was written out in black and white when you wanted to buy it.

This is what the screen looks like now and it should have been replaced when it was still under warranty but was informed that this was normal and that was it. This is a defect that should have been dealt with

<><><><><><><>
PAST DETECTORS
Whites 6000D
Whites Eagle llSL90
Whites MXT
Explorer ll
Excalibur ll

Posted by: diamondcutter
Date: March 22, 2019 10:50PM
I have had the same thing happen, not long after i made a screen and head protector. Too much moisture gets trapped inside if covered. Hadn't had it since I stopped using it.

Posted by: utahshovelhead
Date: March 26, 2019 07:35PM
You may want to try the product that cannot be mentioned here by name that is a film places onto your screen. It does cut down glare as well as protects the screen. they make this product for all types of screens. I did not use it on mine as I have a cover that keeps the screen as much in the shade as possible. I realize that your screen may be much worse than just the glare but i would give it a try anyway. My Ctx gets the rainbow when Im in the heat and direct sun will make the heat on the face worse. shade works fine for mine but I admit i have to sometimes keep my body pointed a certain direction to block sunshine. I also use the backlight to help reduce the darker screen.

One other thing i might mention. The sounds on the CTX are superb and in some cases seem more accurate and dig worthy than the numbers or cursor. That doesnt mean ignore the screen but I recomend you dig a good sounding signal regardless of what you see on the screen.

good luck.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login