Findmall.com

Minelab CTX 3030 Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: RE: Screen issue update
Posted by: JamesBondaka
Date: April 26, 2016 06:01PM
Did you contact them directly?

................................*......................... I will find a million dollars, one penny at a time!............Viva la diggo.................*.........................................

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~If the hobby of metal detecting made perfect sense...everyone would do it~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

V3i ExpSe Xlt F75 Umax Dfx Mxt Gmt Ace ETrac 505 Gold & Coinmaster Deleon Mpx Prizm II Cz5/3D Goldengate 3D BH300 Ctx Jeohunter Tm-808

Posted by: rluka
Date: April 26, 2016 06:12PM
JamesBondaka

Yes..

Minelab CXT3030, Gray Ghost underwater headphones, Garrett Pro-Pointer
<><><><><><><>
PAST DETECTORS
Whites 6000D
Whites Eagle llSL90
Whites MXT
Explorer ll
Excalibur ll
Explorer SE,15 inch WOT, 12x10 SEF, Sun Ray Stealth X-8, Sun Ray Stealth X-5, Sun Ray X-1 Target probe

Date: April 26, 2016 06:44PM
rluka
JamesBondaka

Yes..
Even the Minelab service center here in Canada supports me

<><><><><><><>
PAST DETECTORS
Whites 6000D
Whites Eagle llSL90
Whites MXT
Explorer ll
Excalibur ll
Explorer SE,15 inch WOT, 12x10 SEF, Sun Ray Stealth X-8, Sun Ray Stealth X-5, Sun Ray X-1 Target probe

Date: April 26, 2016 07:41PM
I would respectfully ask whom you talked to at the ML Corporate Office in IL?

................................*......................... I will find a million dollars, one penny at a time!............Viva la diggo.................*.........................................

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~If the hobby of metal detecting made perfect sense...everyone would do it~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

V3i ExpSe Xlt F75 Umax Dfx Mxt Gmt Ace ETrac 505 Gold & Coinmaster Deleon Mpx Prizm II Cz5/3D Goldengate 3D BH300 Ctx Jeohunter Tm-808

Date: April 26, 2016 07:44PM
JamesBondaka
I would respectfully ask whom you talked to at the ML Corporate Office in IL?

Nadia J. Mosley
Customer Care & Executive Support Coordinator
Minelab Americas
1938 University Lane Suite A
Lisle, IL 60532
Customer Care: 1-877-767-6522
Direct: 1-630-401-8159
Fax: 1-630-401-8178
Email: nadia.mosley@minelabamericas.com

<><><><><><><>
PAST DETECTORS
Whites 6000D
Whites Eagle llSL90
Whites MXT
Explorer ll
Excalibur ll

Date: April 26, 2016 09:14PM
And what did she say about your problem(s)?

Date: April 26, 2016 10:14PM
JamesBondaka
And what did she say about your problem(s)?

I just sent her another message and I will let you know tomorrow.

Ron L

<><><><><><><>
PAST DETECTORS
Whites 6000D
Whites Eagle llSL90
Whites MXT
Explorer ll
Excalibur ll

Posted by: Overvoltage
Date: April 27, 2016 10:52AM
My CTX is now out of warranty so I cringe when I see a problem like this. I also have a Garrett GTA500 that is 25 years old. About 10 years ago the screen on my GTA went out. It was well beyond the warranty and Garrett replaced/upgraded the electronics at no cost because it was a known and documented defect. All I had to pay was shipping to them. I had the same problem as rluka on my CTX while it was under warranty. Even if the machine is out of warranty, the line on the screen problem is a known and well documented defect and just like an automobile, they should have a recall or just fix the problem as it arises regardless of the age of the machine.

Date: April 27, 2016 01:40PM
Overvoltage
My CTX is now out of warranty so I cringe when I see a problem like this. I also have a Garrett GTA500 that is 25 years old. About 10 years ago the screen on my GTA went out. It was well beyond the warranty and Garrett replaced/upgraded the electronics at no cost because it was a known and documented defect. All I had to pay was shipping to them. I had the same problem as rluka on my CTX while it was under warranty. Even if the machine is out of warranty, the line on the screen problem is a known and well documented defect and just like an automobile, they should have a recall or just fix the problem as it arises regardless of the age of the machine.

My main issue is that they replaced the first defective detector with another with the same problem (rainbow effect) and told me that it was normal. I accepted it that (do I feel stupid or what) They lied to me and now I have to pay the price for that.... They should have been honest with me and dealt with it honestly. Thats what companies that value their reputation and value their customers do

Thanks for your support
Ron L

<><><><><><><>
PAST DETECTORS
Whites 6000D
Whites Eagle llSL90
Whites MXT
Explorer ll
Excalibur ll

Posted by: Overvoltage
Date: April 27, 2016 02:58PM
Ron...Honestly I don't think the rainbow effect has anything to do with the line on the screen. The rainbow effect is a result of the type of composite the screen is made of and the method used to mold the screen and the use of polarized glasses by the user. I have to wear NON-polarized sunglasses when I use my CTX. The black line on the screen is a quite different problem as it is a result of faulty electronics. One has nothing to do with the other. That being said, the black line on the screen is a known problem and I agree they should (as any reputable company should) make it right as it is a known problem and not something the user/owner did to create the problem.

:minelab: Minelab CTX-3030, CTX-17, CTX-11, CTX-06, ProSwing 45
:garrett: Garrett Infinium LS, 10X14DD, 8" Mono
:garrett: GTAx500 8" Concentric
:garrett: Master Hunter ADS-3 3.5", 8" 10", 15", Blood Hound
:garrett: ProPointer

Oldest coin: 1901 "V" Nickel

Date: April 27, 2016 03:13PM
I totally agree with Overvoltage and that's why my questions came about. I look forward to hear what Minelab says in their response.

Date: April 27, 2016 05:08PM
Overvoltage
Ron...Honestly I don't think the rainbow effect has anything to do with the line on the screen. The rainbow effect is a result of the type of composite the screen is made of and the method used to mold the screen and the use of polarized glasses by the user. I have to wear NON-polarized sunglasses when I use my CTX. The black line on the screen is a quite different problem as it is a result of faulty electronics. One has nothing to do with the other. That being said, the black line on the screen is a known problem and I agree they should (as any reputable company should) make it right as it is a known problem and not something the user/owner did to create the problem.

Makes sense to me but what about this: when I first got the detector and the rainbow effect started, I took photos of it with a normal digital camera and it showed that effect. Minelab has those pictures on record. To my mind that rainbow effect has nothing to do with polarization if a regular camera can see it. Is that not true? I could see it with or without my glasses...it didn't make a difference

Also, before the right part of the screen disappeared there was a permanent rainbow effect that moved around the screen and changed intensity every time it was turned on. Now, when I turn it on, the screen is perfectly clear with no rainbow effect. Also, do the new screens without the rainbow effect break like this one did?

I'm not blaming the rainbow effect, I'm just saying that it would have been nice if they sent me one that didn't have that going on in the first place. I believe it was a defective screen from the very beginning.

Does all this still fit in with your explanation? You seem to know a lot more about this that I do. I'm just going by physical evidence.

Just to be clear: I am not running the detector down. This is by far my favorite detector. It finds the silver and gold for me and I am really pleased with it in that respect. And I never had any problem with helping to iron out the defects when the detector first came out. The shipping was getting a bit much but that was about all. I understand that new products sometimes have issues that have to be worked out.

Thanks for the response
Have a great day
Ron L

<><><><><><><>
PAST DETECTORS
Whites 6000D
Whites Eagle llSL90
Whites MXT
Explorer ll
Excalibur ll

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2016 05:23PM by rluka.

Posted by: GKMan
Date: April 27, 2016 08:56PM
Ron,
With the amount of issues your detector has had, in warranty and out, I can't say I wouldn't be skeptical if I was Minelab. What issues have you had now?
Two "faulty" displays
broken wireless module
corroded screws
broken charger

These are all different parts. Sure lemons happen, but this has to be the biggest bowl of lemons I have ever heard of on this forum.

I have had my machine since they came out. The external speaker was broken right out of the box. They fixed it and I have hunted hard with it since then. If it died tomorrow (which since I am saying this it probably will) I would be happy for all the time it has worked perfectly, pay to get it fixed and move on. You would probably save yourself some anxiety by just paying them, selling it and purchasing a new one in warranty.
I understand it probably won't feel right but it would give you peace of mind for a long time since your current one is akin to a ticking time bomb.

In the meantime, I really hope you can get them to fix it on their dime perhaps as a godwill gesture, but I am doubtful.

Gary
Dutchess County New York
I love The Game of Tones....
Present: Equinox 800.
Past: CTX-3030 Minelab E-Trac, Explorer II, Sovereign
Detecting Since 1984 Using Minelab since mid 90s

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2016 09:04PM by GKMan.

Minelab will never see another PENNY from me!!!
Posted by: silverseeker 2
Date: April 28, 2016 09:40AM
I've used Minelab since the XS came out.I bought from that place in Florida. I received my 1rst machine back in 2000
and it did NOT work.They sent me a 2nd machine. It did NOT work. So they sent me a 3rd machine and I never looked back.
The 3rd machine was HOT! I've since replaced it with the CTX3030. Have one hour on it as it sits. Minelab has fumbled
the ball big time as far as I'm concerned.A machine with updates? What UPDATES Minelab? With the Price on this machine
I don't see the justification for spending this kind of money on this machine as I feel taken by Minelab and with some of the
HORROR stories you hear on this $2400.00 machine (cheap USB port,leaking issues etc. , etc. ,) I know it's a good machine for
finding coins but it's cost sure doesn't seem Worth it! In the hour I used her I found a couple coins with nails right on top of
these coins using target trace. Works great. My other machine smokes the CTX 3030 though in my opinion. Not the I.D. depth
of the CTX but still nets me the goods with updates coming as this company listens to what its CUSTOMERS want!!!
Should have kept the "OL Explorer XS, just as capable as the 3030 but a different animal...
silverseeker 2

Re: Minelab will never see another PENNY from me!!!
Posted by: GKMan
Date: April 28, 2016 10:36AM
That is a pretty strong opinion after only the first hour. Sell it now why you still can!

Gary
Dutchess County New York
I love The Game of Tones....
Present: Equinox 800.
Past: CTX-3030 Minelab E-Trac, Explorer II, Sovereign
Detecting Since 1984 Using Minelab since mid 90s

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login