Findmall.com

Minelab CTX 3030 Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: RE: Screen issue update
Posted by: amberjack
Date: April 28, 2016 10:57AM
Re: Minelab will never see another PENNY from me!!!
Posted by: greenmeanie
Date: April 28, 2016 04:28PM
LOL

GKMan
That is a pretty strong opinion after only the first hour. Sell it now why you still can!

NOX 800

Posted by: rluka
Date: April 28, 2016 04:31PM
I am at a loss for words..These people are ripping me off...Sorry, but thats how I feel.
They could care less about their customers....

Simply put: A brand new detector was purchased with a defective screen>>>>>it was replaced with another detector with a defective screen and with a note saying that this is normal...what part of this is difficult to understand!!!!!!!!!!!!
I live in Victoria, B.C. There arent a lot of CTXs here and its only recently that I found out that the defective screen issue has been fixed>>>WHERE IS MINE MINELAB

Minelabs response:

Hello Ron,

Thank you for your inquiry. According to our records you have been issued RMA #15079 for repair. If you would like to move forward with getting your CTX 3030 serviced please ship your detector to our Authorized Service Center in FL. (Minelab East 1085 Belle Ave. Winter Springs, FL. 32708). Please be sure to reference your RMA# on the outside of the packaging to ensure proper delivery.

Unfortunately your machine is out of warranty as of 09/12/2015 at which shipping, parts, and labor would be an out of pocket expense. The turn-around time is 10-15 business days at which the technician will follow up with the diagnosis and the status of your repair.

Thanks again for your inquiry, please feel free to contact us with any other questions or comments.

Minelab CXT3030, Gray Ghost underwater headphones, Garrett Pro-Pointer
<><><><><><><>
PAST DETECTORS
Whites 6000D
Whites Eagle llSL90
Whites MXT
Explorer ll
Excalibur ll
Explorer SE,15 inch WOT, 12x10 SEF, Sun Ray Stealth X-8, Sun Ray Stealth X-5, Sun Ray X-1 Target probe

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/2016 04:40PM by rluka.

Posted by: GKMan
Date: April 28, 2016 05:43PM
If it was me, after that second time around with the screen. I would have gathered as many photos of other CTX's that didn't have the rainbow effect. You could have came on here and asked us and probably most every one of us would have sent you a photo of ours . I would have then sent them to Minelab, or told them to visit this forum (which I understand they do) to see the difference. This is all in hindsight of course. I feel for you, but you are going to have a tough time fighting city hall now that you are out of warranty.

At this point since you have nothing to lose, you could try an eecb.... People do have luck with those sometimes.

https://consumerist.com/2007/05/11/how-to-launch-an-executive-email-carpet-bomb/

Gary
Dutchess County New York
I love The Game of Tones....
Present: Equinox 800.
Past: CTX-3030 Minelab E-Trac, Explorer II, Sovereign
Detecting Since 1984 Using Minelab since mid 90s

Date: April 28, 2016 06:04PM
there are consumer laws here in Australia , but I find the carrot is always better than the stick and if the carrot doesn't work , well !! but as explained the screen lines are a documented minelab fault and it needs to be fixed for free as its their fault. if they will not fix it, I know what I would do.

pay to get it fixed and sell the machine and never buy another one , there's only one way to vote and that's with your pocket book.

I had a whites DF kept blowing coils was costing me 80 odd $ a pop after the 2nd time I sold it , only so many times a fella can bash his head against the wall right it gets hard to see with all the blood in your eyes.

but do something about it , I think everyone has supported you here now its time to act and make a decision about your relationship with minelab and you do realise its ok to split up there are other fish in the sea :bouncy:

AJ

Date: April 28, 2016 06:32PM
GKMan
If it was me, after that second time around with the screen. I would have gathered as many photos of other CTX's that didn't have the rainbow effect. You could have came on here and asked us and probably most every one of us would have sent you a photo of ours . I would have then sent them to Minelab, or told them to visit this forum (which I understand they do) to see the difference. This is all in hindsight of course. I feel for you, but you are going to have a tough time fighting city hall now that you are out of warranty.

At this point since you have nothing to lose, you could try an eecb.... People do have luck with those sometimes.

https://consumerist.com/2007/05/11/how-to-launch-an-executive-email-carpet-bomb/

Heres the problem: When it was still under warranty I was told that it was normal..Now that its out of warranty they want me to pay. I have dealt with Minelab in the past when I owned the Explorers. They had excellent customer service and I didnt know that this had changed so I trusted and believed them when they said it was normal.
They have all the photos from the past already... they just LIED

<><><><><><><>
PAST DETECTORS
Whites 6000D
Whites Eagle llSL90
Whites MXT
Explorer ll
Excalibur ll
Explorer SE,15 inch WOT, 12x10 SEF, Sun Ray Stealth X-8, Sun Ray Stealth X-5, Sun Ray X-1 Target probe

Date: April 28, 2016 06:35PM
amberjack
there are consumer laws here in Australia , but I find the carrot is always better than the stick and if the carrot doesn't work , well !! but as explained the screen lines are a documented minelab fault and it needs to be fixed for free as its their fault. if they will not fix it, I know what I would do.

pay to get it fixed and sell the machine and never buy another one , there's only one way to vote and that's with your pocket book.

I had a whites DF kept blowing coils was costing me 80 odd $ a pop after the 2nd time I sold it , only so many times a fella can bash his head against the wall right it gets hard to see with all the blood in your eyes.

but do something about it , I think everyone has supported you here now its time to act and make a decision about your relationship with minelab and you do realise its ok to split up there are other fish in the sea :bouncy:

AJ

Okay, so I spend $640.00 plus $100 in shipping cost and sell it for??? $1100.00 Sorry, that does not work for me but I can see where your coming from..thanks for your response

<><><><><><><>
PAST DETECTORS
Whites 6000D
Whites Eagle llSL90
Whites MXT
Explorer ll
Excalibur ll

Posted by: GKMan
Date: April 28, 2016 06:41PM
Good Luck. Let us know how it turns out.

Gary
Dutchess County New York
I love The Game of Tones....
Present: Equinox 800.
Past: CTX-3030 Minelab E-Trac, Explorer II, Sovereign
Detecting Since 1984 Using Minelab since mid 90s

Date: April 28, 2016 06:57PM
rluka
amberjack

AJ

Okay, so I spend $640.00 plus $100 in shipping cost and sell it for??? $1100.00 Sorry, that does not work for me but I can see where your coming from..thanks for your response

its time for the stick then yes?? the screen lines are a documented ctx fault , they need to fix it for free, if you get no joy from kellyco then go higher up ring Australia if you have too , that is Codans head office and they will put a rocket up kellyco , but remember the carrot when you ring Australia meaning be nice explain the lines and how you feel and how you are being treated. and 640 $ for a screen pcb who gave you that price?

AJ

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/2016 06:59PM by amberjack.

Posted by: Jason in Enid
Date: April 28, 2016 07:43PM
rluka
amberjack

AJ

So you expect to only clear $340 for selling it after repairs? I'll give you $400 plus shipping for it as is. You'll be money ahead!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/2016 07:45PM by Jason in Enid.

Date: April 28, 2016 07:50PM
Jason in Enid
rluka
amberjack

AJ

So you expect to only clear $340 for selling it after repairs? I'll give you $400 plus shipping for it as is. You'll be money ahead!

:lmfao:

AJ

Posted by: silverseeker 2
Date: April 28, 2016 08:12PM
Minelab will never see another penny from me is fact not opinion. I never said the CTX 3030 was
not a capable machine. I know all about flutey high tones as I said I ran an Explorer XS for 10 years
and it still ranks high in the hands of those who know them.
My problem is the cheap USB port problem, o-ring problems(leaks) etc. etc. I've read all the war stories
some members have had and for the money Minelab wanted for this unit and the costs of their
accessories, it was a steep price to put out. Worth it,only time will tell when I go to put her thru the
paces after I clean up some of my Iron infested sites with my go to unit. Then I will give her a test.
Sell it ,NOPE because I know its capabilities. Yeah like I said I have only an hour on this machine
but found coins with Iron right there with them. Target trace is great like I said before. Bottom
line is Minelab won't see another penny from me ,no updates and big money and last of all where's
Minelabs voice on these issues as I know they read the Forum here but they refuse to speak out
on their overly priced machine... That says enough about them to me. Anyway rluna I hope it all
works out for you. wish you the best with your CTX 3030. Remember it's not the machine, it's the man behind it!!!
silverseeker 2

Date: April 28, 2016 10:06PM
silverseeker 2
Minelab will never see another penny from me is fact not opinion. I never said the CTX 3030 was
not a capable machine. I know all about flutey high tones as I said I ran an Explorer XS for 10 years
My problem is the cheap USB port problem, o-ring problems(leaks) etc. etc. I've read all the war stories
some members have had and for the money Minelab wanted for this unit and the costs of their
accessories, it was a steep price to put out. Worth it,only time will tell when I go to put her thru the
paces after I clean up some of my Iron infested sites with my go to unit. Then I will give her a test.
Sell it ,NOPE because I know its capabilities. Yeah like I said I have only an hour on this machine
but found coins with Iron right there with them. Target trace is great like I said before. Bottom
line is Minelab won't see another penny from me ,no updates and big money and last of all where's
Minelabs voice on these issues as I know they read the Forum here but they refuse to speak out
on their overly priced machine... That says enough about them to me. Anyway rluna I hope it all
works out for you. wish you the best with your CTX 3030. Remember it's not the machine, it's the man behind it!!!
silverseeker 2

What happened to Minelab? They used to have excellent customer support.
If they would have just given me a detector with a defect free screen instead of telling me that my defective screen was normal. And that was when it was still under warranty.
It doesn't cost them that much and they would be showing positive customer support.
I dont get..you would think that a company like that would want to have good relations with their customers

<><><><><><><>
PAST DETECTORS
Whites 6000D
Whites Eagle llSL90
Whites MXT
Explorer ll
Excalibur ll

Date: April 28, 2016 11:26PM
rluka
silverseeker 2
silverseeker 2

What happened to Minelab? They used to have excellent customer support.
If they would have just given me a detector with a defect free screen instead of telling me that my defective screen was normal. And that was when it was still under warranty.
It doesn't cost them that much and they would be showing positive customer support.
I dont get..you would think that a company like that would want to have good relations with their customers

JUST TO BECLEAR:Im not just blowing smoke here and making this up so that I can get something for free....I have emails from them telling me these lies.

<><><><><><><>
PAST DETECTORS
Whites 6000D
Whites Eagle llSL90
Whites MXT
Explorer ll
Excalibur ll

Posted by: JamesBondaka
Date: April 29, 2016 01:42AM
GKMan

:thumbup: I agree

Rluka, I hate to say it but I think you should have done something about this issue along time ago AND pursued it IF it wasn't to your liking. I don't agree with all Minelab actions and business practices but they are a business and have to protect their interests. I not saying that they should treat you badly but you should have got what you needed when you detector was under warranty. I personally have had good dealings with Minelab, If you feel you haven't been treated right....as GKMan says send them photos and info AND tell them why or for what reason this wasn't pursued before.

Good luck to you!

................................*......................... I will find a million dollars, one penny at a time!............Viva Detectorados USA.................*.........................................

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~If the hobby of metal detecting made perfect sense...everyone would do it~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

V3i ExpSe Xlt F75 Umax Dfx Mxt Gmt Ace ETrac 505 Gold & Coinmaster Deleon Mpx Prizm II Cz5/3D Goldengate 3D BH300 Ctx Jeohunter Tm-808

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login