Findmall.com

Minelab CTX 3030 Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: Screen Repair Update (Thank you Minelab)
Posted by: amberjack
Date: June 09, 2016 12:09PM
its only money hey :poke: cant take it with ya may as well buy some toys and have some fun !!

and I don't even own Codan shares !!

AJ

Posted by: jas415
Date: June 09, 2016 07:36PM
It is a fairly common part of human nature to let one 'Oh crap' wipe out a thousand atta boys.

Posted by: Digger RJ
Date: January 05, 2019 09:54PM
I recently called Minelab about lines in My screen and the lady that I talked to said that the screen is going out!! Hmmm, so She got Me set up to send it in to be fixed, but with parts and labor, it was gonna be over $300!! Yes Amy machine is out of warranty, but since when have We had to worry about the LCD screen going out?
tamrand2014@yahoo.com

Posted by: IDXMonster
Date: January 05, 2019 10:39PM
jas415
It is a fairly common part of human nature to let one 'Oh crap' wipe out a thousand atta boys.

Very true! I’ve got 3 years and many hundreds of hours on my CTX and it is FLAWLESS. But we generally don’t hear that. It sucks to be the odd guy out who has issues. In every manufacturing process there will be a hiccup here and there,and there’s a lot of stuff on this machine that COULD have a problem. There are ALL KINDS of threads with success stories for the past 6 years about the CTX and the magnificent things it’s capable of.
For the record,I bought my CTX for less than 2k brand new with all bells and whistles. I can’t say where,but make some calls. I found INSTANTANEOUS success with it and couldn’t be happier.
Things CAN happen,but it’s a pretty serious minority really. The old Ford Pinto COULD explode if rear ended just right. How many were made and how many blew up? It’s like that.

Posted by: PMonday
Date: January 07, 2019 06:49AM
rluka

WowMan, you're sure making the haters mad with this thread! :detecting: Congratulations and WTG!

I was here when the CTX3030 came out and there were some implied promises that weren't delivered. I, for one, thought that I was buying a product that was going to continue to be upgraded by way of the usb connection. They even advertised that in their original ad and that was removed. They even asked for our input here on the forum. There was a thread where they were asking us what we would like to see done and even that thread is gone. I had so many issues that had to be taken care of. I had to send the detector in three times at my expense to fix some issues. Personally, I really like what it does but the build quality leaves something to be desired. And the cost was out of this world . I have never paid soo much for something that was of such poor quality. And now its has been upgraded and we even have to pay for that when thats all I wanted in the first place, especially at that price. Im not a Minelab hater....Im just stating what went down in the past
Just sayin
Ron L

Suggestion thread is in the resource center. https://www.findmall.com/read.php?87,1715037. Not that it matters.

Glad they fixed your CTX with a goodwill gesture.

HH

Posted by: wvrick
Date: January 16, 2019 08:21AM
LCD screens have killed a lot of detectors. I have a buddy / old Coworker here of the forum that lost his favorite detector due to LCD screen failure. On another note I'm glad to see that it can be repaired, one reason I like Minelab.

Current Detectors: :minelab: CTX3030 w/ Sun Ray Pro Gold HP 3030 version :fisher: Fisher CoinStrike w/ 8" & 6" coils w/ Sun Ray Pro Gold HP :garrett: AT Pro

Detecting since 1970 with my Father, and before with my Uncle in Florida on 1715 treasure fleet in the mid-60's with a vintage modified mine detector (vacuum tube type). First detector ever used was a Whites Goldmaster S63 (also vac tube) mid-60's.

"Retired and hunting" :)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login