Findmall.com

Minelab CTX 3030 Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
CTX 3030 waterproof headphones
Posted by: JOSHUAWCOLVEY
Date: July 16, 2016 10:09PM
Looking for good waterproof headphones. Would be wearing them with goggles and snorkle for rivers, beach and swimming areas.

Re: CTX 3030 waterproof headphones
Posted by: penzfan
Date: July 17, 2016 09:19AM
Grey Ghost Amphibians...

Posted by: GKMan
Date: July 17, 2016 01:32PM
I have been using the Gray Ghost Underwater for the CTX exactly like you are looking to and I have been completely satisfied with them. I thought the Gray Ghost Amphibians that Penzfan mentioned were for the AT Pro's and Infiniums?
http://www.detectorpro.com/ctx-underwater.htm

Gary
Dutchess County New York
I love The Game of Tones....
Present: Equinox 800.
Past: CTX-3030 Minelab E-Trac, Explorer II, Sovereign
Detecting Since 1984 Using Minelab since mid 90s

Date: July 17, 2016 02:04PM
Thanks for the info and for the link!!

Date: July 18, 2016 08:32PM
Grey Ghost Amphibians sound better than the Underwaters and also include a volume control knob which is worth it's weight in gold. Just my opinion...

Posted by: Kieth-Tx
Date: July 19, 2016 10:37AM
Have the Grey Ghosts as well and like them. Have never tried these but here is another option from across the pond.
http://youtu.be/NjvTf41oapM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/19/2016 10:38AM by Kieth-Tx.

Posted by: Deep Digger Dan
Date: July 19, 2016 11:51AM
penzfan
Grey Ghost Amphibians sound better than the Underwaters and also include a volume control knob which is worth it's weight in gold. Just my opinion...

Right, but those are not made for the CTX, they have to be modified.

Date: July 19, 2016 12:51PM
I was just over at the DetectorPro Shop and Gary Storm confirmed to me that that must be what was done.
I'm sure it can't be that hard to do though.

Gary
Dutchess County New York

Posted by: Harold in NC
Date: July 20, 2016 10:12AM
I make Headphones just for the 3030, waterproof or wading. Harold

With (HR Headphones) you can finally take advantage of all the Volume Controls on the CTX. Volume Gain, was meant to be used as an additional tool to distinguish between large OR small targets and deep OR shallow targets. With the waterproof headphones previously on the market for the CTX, you could not take advantage of the volume gain with high ambient noise, you always needed full volume or you would miss targets. Now with ( HR Headphones) you can use all the volume adjustments to your advantage, these headphones are made one at a time, they come with a CTX connector or with no connector, (your choice). If you already have a connector and want to send it with your payment I will install, saving you the additional cost. They are highly water resistant but are not made for diving, Payment accepted, postal money order, also check once cleared at bank, shipped only to the continental US.
Prices:
140.00 no connector, 150.00 with connector, You can get me at dralph2@tampabay.rr.com

Date: July 21, 2016 07:55PM
And well worth the mod...

Date: July 21, 2016 10:00PM
Thank you for the reply. The dealer is having to send me a new 3030 as this one has issues with the Lower and upper shaft build thickness and will not assemble. So they are sending me out a new one. Once I get it In hand and working I'll give you an order. Warranty?

Date: July 26, 2016 10:56AM
Since i have not received anything back about warranty has anyone converted the GGA with using the CTX 3030 plug themselves?

Date: July 26, 2016 12:11PM
Are you talking about the Detectorpro headphones?

see here
http://www.detectorpro.com/headphone-warranty.htm

From what I read, altering the Amphibians would void the warranty

Gary
Dutchess County New York

Date: July 26, 2016 12:17PM
GKMan
Are you talking about the Detectorpro headphones?

see here
http://www.detectorpro.com/headphone-warranty.htm

From what I read, altering the Amphibians would void the warranty

Yeah that are only the underwater version. I thought i seen somewhere someone was making and selling the Amphibians with the CTX plug and warranty.

What i was refereing to about the warranty was about Harold in Fla post about his headphones.

Posted by: LawrencetheMDer
Date: January 03, 2019 09:58AM
I bought the Gray Ghost waterproof headphones in 2017, used them for about 2 weeks. In 2018 used them for 4 months and they started to go bad. Loss sounds/signals, cracking noise, low volume or none and intermittent. I traced the problem to a possible broken wire inside the headphone cable where it goes into the headphone jack on the CTX 3030. In searching my written literature for trouble shooting, I discovered the Gray Ghost Warranty card that I was suppose to mail-in within 14 days of buying the Gray Ghost headphones, so I guess I'm out of luck regarding the lifetime warranty. Was looking to buy another waterproof headphone manufacturer and came across two that look identical - one is sold on Amazon (Minelab CTX 3030 Waterproof Headphones Garden Accessory, made by Minelab) listed at about $93.00 and good down to 3 meters/10 feet (also found at Serious Detecting for $149.00). These have very poor reviews. There appears to be almost identical headphones sold by others (e.g., Kelleyco) made by Koss for the Minelab CTX 3030 for $149.00 that are good to 200 ft. Without further info, I'll probably go with the the Koss headphones for $149.00, but can't get over the poor quality Ghosts and hate to spend about $50.00 more for the Koss vs the Minelab, if I don't need to. Any feedback appreciated.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login