Findmall.com

Minelab CTX 3030 Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: New Coiltek 14x9" Coil for CTX
Posted by: Bryan V
Date: February 16, 2017 07:09PM
Yes Andy I would like to see detailed depth tests on a dime and nickel in bad ground between the new coil and the Stock 11" and 17x13 Coil.
Audio and visual ID differences as well as depth meter accuracy.

Thanks,
Bryan

Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab E-Trac
Minelab Gold Monster
Takahashi FC-100DF

Posted by: nagov
Date: February 16, 2017 07:30PM
Andy, post a picture of it in your bathtub, I'd like to see if it sinks or floats.

Cliff

Walk near it, swing over it and understand what the machine is telling you....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2017 07:30PM by nagov.

Posted by: Don in South Jersey
Date: February 16, 2017 07:33PM
Bryan V
Yes Andy I would like to see detailed depth tests on a dime and nickel in bad ground between the new coil and the Stock 11" and 17x13 Coil.
Audio and visual ID differences as well as depth meter accuracy.

Thanks,
Bryan

Ditto here, that would be a great test to see. I own the stock coil & the 17" so this test will tell me if I am justified in adding this coil in my arsenal.
Thank You

CTX 3030 Wireless & XPointer® Wader Li

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2017 07:59PM by Don in South Jersey.

Posted by: amberjack
Date: February 17, 2017 12:01AM
not for me , only plus for this coil would be covering ground faster, depth same as stock. price to expensive.

AJ

Posted by: Champ Ferguson
Date: February 17, 2017 12:14PM
I don't know what actual selling price will be, but its gonna have to drop a good bit to match actual selling price on the 17s.

Minelab CTX
Minelab Excalibur II
Minelab Safari

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2017 12:14PM by Champ Ferguson.

Posted by: Andy Sabisch
Date: February 19, 2017 09:40AM
The coil is not like the smaller one from Coiltek. It is a solid coil like the CTX-11 and CTX-17 and as a result, will not float and does not have the potential to leak as some of the early 5x10 coils did

Andy

Posted by: Champ Ferguson
Date: February 19, 2017 08:03PM
I see that Gary Drayton has a review of it on his youtube channel.

Minelab CTX
Minelab Excalibur II
Minelab Safari

Posted by: nagov
Date: February 20, 2017 03:10AM
Andy Sabisch
The coil is not like the smaller one from Coiltek. It is a solid coil like the CTX-11 and CTX-17 and as a result, will not float and does not have the potential to leak as some of the early 5x10 coils did

Andy

Andy, thanks for the additional input. I'm not trying to bust your chops here but just because the 9x14 coil isn't a design like the 5x10 (which to me I would call solid) and more like the 11 and 17" (with an open wagon wheel like design) wouldn't be reason enough for it not to float....example would be the Whites Dual Field "neutral buoyancy" coils that tend to float its all about what they fill the coil with.
Drayton's latest video showed me what I needed to see and that was the coil scraping the bottom underwater during use....I can't control my 5x10 that well underwater due to fighting the floating capabilities of that coil.

Thanks again for the responses and info Andy!

Cliff

Walk near it, swing over it and understand what the machine is telling you....

Posted by: Jason in Enid
Date: February 20, 2017 07:54AM
nagov
Andy Sabisch

Andy

Andy, thanks for the additional input. I'm not trying to bust your chops here but just because the 9x14 coil isn't a design like the 5x10 (which to me I would call solid) and more like the 11 and 17" (with an open wagon wheel like design) wouldn't be reason enough for it not to float....example would be the Whites Dual Field "neutral buoyancy" coils that tend to float its all about what they fill the coil with.
Drayton's latest video showed me what I needed to see and that was the coil scraping the bottom underwater during use....I can't control my 5x10 that well underwater due to fighting the floating capabilities of that coil.

Thanks again for the responses and info Andy!

Cliff

He wasn't saying the coil didn't have an open spoke design, he said is was SOLID. That means its a shell, with electronics added and then filled with resin (like the CTX-11 and 17) so that it's solid. The original coiltek was hollow so that it was light weight, but that made it very buoyant.

Posted by: sube
Date: February 20, 2017 11:06AM
mrwiburino i'm with you 4x6 would be a great trash hunter .I don't know why they made another big coil there's the stock and 17 but there's no trash sniper which would put this coil in high demand . Still waiting Coiltek come on lets see the little coil or least a 8 inch round which would fill the gape from stock to 6 inch coil . sube

Posted by: MI-AuAg
Date: February 20, 2017 12:25PM
amberjack
not for me , only plus for this coil would be covering ground faster, depth same as stock. price to expensive.

AJ

I agree AJ.

IMO, if depth/coverage is the goal, the 17" would be the tool. For me, the 14"x9" wouldn't provide much over the stock 11" round to be worth the $$.

I agree with Sube and mrwiburino, a 4"x6" is one I think would be great. I have a 3"x6" NEL Snake for my F75, and love that size/shape coil for trash sifting. I won't be holding my breath for another small coil though.

Posted by: Mutley
Date: February 20, 2017 02:47PM
I see no need for a 6x4" over the little ML 6" coil, its deadly amongst the highest trash, I have picked Romans Minims 4 or 5" down from fields packed full of Roman Hob Nails and other trash, deadly little coil.

Nokta Impact - Nexus Standard MP - Golden Mask 1+ UK

Posted by: MI-AuAg
Date: February 20, 2017 03:12PM
Mutley
I see no need for a 6x4" over the little ML 6" coil, its deadly amongst the highest trash, I have picked Romans Minims 4 or 5" down from fields packed full of Roman Hob Nails and other trash, deadly little coil.

I agree. There is no "need" of a 4"x6", anymore than there was a "need" for either of the Coiltek offerings. Generally speaking, IMO, the three Minelab coils (6", 11" & 17") cover most of the "needs" for most situations.

Anything beyond those, is more of a "desire" to fit the preferences of some users. Hence my comment that, "I won't be holding my breath for another small coil though". The practicality of producing one, would be limited by what is already available.

Posted by: King Midas
Date: February 27, 2017 05:13PM
Kellyco's ad for this coil is here. Includes price.

https://www.kellycodetectors.com/catalog/14x9-ctx-search-coil

Mike

Posted by: Mutley
Date: February 28, 2017 03:22AM
£349 here in the UK

Nokta Impact - Nexus Standard MP - Golden Mask 1+ UK

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login