Findmall.com

Minelab CTX 3030 Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: New Coiltek 14x9" Coil for CTX
Posted by: amberjack
Date: February 28, 2017 11:13AM
I only have the stock coil for the ctx it does do most everything I need it for , use the etrac if I want coil options think a lot have gone that way?

anyway good to see another coil out there for those that need it, but it wont open my wallet.

AJ

Re: New Coiltek coil . . . .
Posted by: vmaxguy
Date: March 01, 2017 05:10PM
Andy...I would certainly be interested in the trash separation and depth comparisons to the stock 11" coil on the CTX...Thanks

Posted by: bklein
Date: March 09, 2017 06:17PM
A Bigfoot coil might be interesting...

Posted by: jerseyjim
Date: March 16, 2017 02:48PM
I just purchased the new coiltex coil from Andy & Charlene. I put it on, and haven't taken it off since. It is a solid well built coil. It is a little heaver then the 11" coil. I love the shape, it goes well between corn rows, and under shrubs. The price is a little high, but aren't they all. I like the coil very much.

Jim

Posted by: ML
Date: March 17, 2017 04:34PM
Thinking of getting one as well. Have you done any side by side tests against the other CTX coils?

jerseyjim

I just purchased the new coiltex coil from Andy & Charlene. I put it on, and haven't taken it off since. It is a solid well built coil. It is a little heaver then the 11" coil. I love the shape, it goes well between corn rows, and under shrubs. The price is a little high, but aren't they all. I like the coil very much.

Jim

Posted by: Porschephile
Date: May 01, 2017 10:54AM
I got one of these and have used it for about two weekends. I have to admit I am disappointed. Eventhough it seems to have better depth than the stock coil, the indicated depths are all messed up. Zero to 4in usually means the coin target is more shallow than the indicated depth. Five inches is about right for the true depth. Six and seven inches on the display usually means coin sized target is significantly deeper. My machine will not display a depth greater than 7in with this coil even with targets 12in in air test. Quite Strange! May be this could be fixed in software update? TIDs are good as other coils. Separation is about as good as stock coil but I have not really concentrated on this aspect. The weight is really heavy and spoils the balance of the machine so you better eat your wheaties or get a harness. I see no reason to add this coil to your arsenal if you already have 17 incher. Frankly, I would prefer using the 17 in to this coil...

2013 - 102 Silvers
- 390 wheats
- 1 IH

Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett Ace 350

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/01/2017 10:55AM by Porschephile.

Posted by: Bryan V
Date: May 01, 2017 11:40AM
That's too bad. The coil situation for the CTX is a shame.
After a year and a half running the CTX I bought an Etrac to try out.
After 4 hunts with the Etrac the CTX went up for sale.
As a park hunter the Etrac and its after market coil selection made it an easy choice.
The super light and easy to swing Nel Torado has the same depth as my CTX/17" Coil combo
and the 15" WOT was even deeper. My Sunray 8" round coil is almost as deep as the CTX Stock coil
with much better separation.
Coil selection was not my only reason for switching over to the Etrac but it was a very big factor.

Bryan

Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab E-Trac
Minelab Gold Monster
Takahashi FC-100DF

Posted by: DaytonaGold
Date: January 22, 2018 09:23AM
One up side is that it sinks unlike the 17" Minelab coil, if you're in knee deep water you're not fighting to keep the coil down.

I don't discriminate, I dig everything.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login