Findmall.com

Minelab CTX 3030 Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
CTX programs & patterns
Posted by: jhettel
Date: July 12, 2017 10:56AM
I keep hearing about people downloading programs for the CTX3030 but can't really find where the sites are. There was supposed to be a resource center on this site, but can't find it.

Re: CTX programs & patterns
Posted by: Jason in Enid
Date: July 12, 2017 01:13PM
you mean the RED link that is on the top of the front page?

or the pinned post at the top of the threads that shows where the "resource center" button is located?

Posted by: CT Todd
Date: July 12, 2017 01:57PM
Yeah that one.

Dig Colonial or go Home! www.cttodd.com

Started in 97, Fav Coin 1774 2 Reales, Oldest Coin 1st Century Roman Silver

When I go detecting I always do so with permission of the land owner.

Posted by: Architex
Date: July 12, 2017 01:58PM
Nothing wrong with the ones built in to the machine.

The real treasure is in the marketing.

XP Deus / CTX 3030 / Equinox 800

Re: CTX programs & patternsN/T
Posted by: Architex
Date: July 12, 2017 01:59PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

The real treasure is in the marketing.
XP Deus / CTX 3030 / Equinox 800
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2017 02:02PM by Architex.

Posted by: david.di
Date: July 12, 2017 04:13PM
Posted by: brother steve
Date: July 12, 2017 09:50PM
Like Andy says in his book,just don't randomly load programs learn why and how they work. Some will not work in your area . Once you understand the program part of it, you can move forward. Every new program is like starting over. It can get frustrating. I know,I been there.

Posted by: amberjack
Date: July 13, 2017 07:55AM
know your prey before you know your detector and its better to be great with one program than mediocre with 10.

trick is working out which one you need for your prey then start learning..

AJ

Posted by: Ben Town
Date: July 14, 2017 09:30PM
I recently went to one of Andys Bootcamps and got some of his programs he had worked up and liked.
I've been useing two of them, ones kind and open and the other is specific to just coins.
I was hunting with a friend and he found a nice Indian Head penny, just for kicks I ran it over my coil and was very suprised that it was rejected in the coin program .
I edited the program to accept them right away but found no IH that day.
When I got home I put it on the bench and tested all kinds of US coins, again I was suprised to find that silver dollars and half dollars would not give an audible signal, they did show on the screen but not even a squeak. So I went to edit and opened up the upper right area until they sounded off and then used the single box and started to close the area down until I had the max discrimination and the silver dollar and half still sounded off.
I guess the reason I'm telling this story is that even the Master " Andys " program for coins was not what I needed and I had to adapt it to my liking.
So just start with the stock programs and make them work for what you want.
A little trial and error and it's really easy .
Another little helpful hint is that when your in the edit mode on a program and trying to fine tune it just add or delete a square at a time and run your test object over the coil with each change, no need to go back to the main detect screen with each change, it goes pretty quick and easy to get the result you want.
BT

Posted by: Andy Sabisch
Date: July 14, 2017 09:54PM
Ben

As we said in the class, programs are starting points but hopefully wit the information covered, making changes were done in an informed manner rather than hoping they would work.

I would say that if you were using the 3T COIN program and the large silver was rejected, you must have had HIGH TRASH on as it moves them to that upper section . . . remember that discussion the class had on that "gotcha"?

Take them and tweak them for yoru area and then you will have your detector dialed in for your area and your type of targets.

Andy Sabisch

Date: July 15, 2017 04:32AM
watch out if blocking the 50 or 1 line in that top right 1/4 it will knock out big silver..(sound)

AJ

Date: July 15, 2017 08:18AM
Andy
I'm useing Coins Only 3T auto sens +3 , combined , Deep on , and FC , sizing .
I thought it was strange after I accepted the IH penny's is when I did the bench test and found that Silver Dollars did not make an audible sound, they did show on the screen, that's when I opened up the upper right to just allow detection of the silver dollar and it now sounds off with a nice silver tone .

Date: July 15, 2017 08:30AM
dosnt matter what settings if you block out as I have said you will not hear big silver and people do one square that corner to stop iron wrap and its a huge flaw on the ctx that even after 5 years minelab have not addressed.

really though ctx is made to run a open screen I do not see why running pretty pictures helps find targets :shrug: I have only run disc a few times and that was in super super trash and didn't really see how it helped open that baby up and listen and slow down if need be?

AJ

Date: July 15, 2017 12:45PM
Big Silver was blocked in audio the original program I started with and I opened it up
I just used that as an example for jhettel to just modify a basic program.
I've got big silver and indianheads hitting on my program , don't want to miss either
BT

Posted by: mrwilburino
Date: July 15, 2017 04:12PM
amberjack
really though ctx is made to run a open screen I do not see why running pretty pictures helps find targets :shrug: I have only run disc a few times and that was in super super trash and didn't really see how it helped open that baby up and listen and slow down if need be?

The more you disc - the more you miss. While a small amount can be helpful in iron, people do tend to go overboard on the patterns.

Fisher Teknetics XP Minelab

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login