Findmall.com

Minelab CTX 3030 Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: CTX programs & patterns
Posted by: Andy Sabisch
Date: July 16, 2017 07:16AM
When you have unlimited time and hunt sites that are not trash infested this is the right approach . . . in many cases time, patieince or trash content calls for a different tact and that is the beauty of the CTX 3030

People have repeatedly said that you need to run with little or no disc to ensure you do not miss things since it will not detect in a null . . . do some testing, absolute statements are never 100% right

Each has to determine how much noise / trash they are willing to hear / recover and that can change day by day and site by site

Andy Sabisch

Posted by: Ben Town
Date: July 16, 2017 09:33AM
I've been using 2 programs, the High Perfomance and then a modified version of the Coins Only 3T.
They have both been proven in my detector garden and the modified version of Coins hits every coin and does a great job discriminating out small nails and bottle caps and beaver tails that litter the spot I've been searching, and it's been hit hard.
Just yesterday found a nice IH and there was a tent stake and a pop top in the same hole and it picked the coin out at 9"
Found it in the High Perfomance mode and as you can imagine there was a lot going on but had that one good tone in all that mess, switched to Coins and that tone was still there without some of the other clutter .
The right pattern is very useful and saves the ears;-)
Got to do your homework to get that program right for you!
BT

Posted by: sube
Date: July 19, 2017 09:25PM
Andy Sabisch
When you have unlimited time and hunt sites that are not trash infested this is the right approach . . . in many cases time, patieince or trash content calls for a different tact and that is the beauty of the CTX 3030

People have repeatedly said that you need to run with little or no disc to ensure you do not miss things since it will not detect in a null . . . do some testing, absolute statements are never 100% right

Each has to determine how much noise / trash they are willing to hear / recover and that can change day by day and site by site

Andy Sabisch

Words of wisdom nice post .

This is stander practice but reality is you have to drive Lot's of miles to find a public place that has not already been pounded with disc .I agree open screen can be a ear bashing but most areas have been hunted using disc you have to do something different to get result's.

You can drive to the next guy's town and the guy in that town is driving to yours . It's better to just hunt your town (because you know it ) With out a doubt most places have not been hunted in open screen . since we have the ability to disc by eye and ear now without having to disc out targets is a great achievement from day's gone past . Slowly we well have hunted everything without disc and wait for new advancements like imaging . sube

Posted by: Andy Sabisch
Date: July 29, 2017 06:10PM
Unless you do want to dig the finds you bought the CTX for in the first place . . . the presets have flaws that were carried over directly from the E-Trac . . . same programs and same problems.

Posted by: Architex
Date: July 29, 2017 08:25PM
Never had an Etrac.I am learning to just hunt with open screen unless I am looking for a very specific item like a ring. Even then I give it several squares of leeway.

The real treasure is in the marketing.

XP Deus / CTX 3030 / Equinox 800

Posted by: Silver_Stallion
Date: February 24, 2018 12:49PM
Ben I can't find any info out there on the two programs you mention here.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login