Findmall.com

Minelab CTX 3030 Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Spanish American War Veterans Medal!
Posted by: Bell-Two
Date: July 17, 2017 09:37AM
You never know what you are going to find at old houses. I have been meaning to do a doorknock on this small house for a long time and since Diane was out with her sisters I went out on my own to knock. I had hoped for more in the way of coins, but 4 wheats and some clad would have to do. I dug up this big brass item and I am not sure what it is. Also found a plated ID bracelet, marble in a hole with some junk and what at first I thought might be a religious medal. After I got home and cleaned it up I was presently surprised to find it was a medal awarded to Spanish American War Veterans! My research shows that this was the first issue of this medal since it has the date 1898-99 on it, later versions which were issued starting in 1903 have the date 1898-1902.

Psalms 24:1 The earth is the LORD'S, and all it contains...But God shares with us who search!

Re: Spanish American War Veterans Medal!
Posted by: ironman200081
Date: July 17, 2017 01:21PM
That is very neat. Did you get any insight from the current property owner as to who the veteran could have been?

Bryan in Missouri
"MidMoTreasure" on Youtube
www.midmolawyer.com

Posted by: Bell-Two
Date: July 17, 2017 02:33PM
ironman200081
That is very neat. Did you get any insight from the current property owner as to who the veteran could have been?

No I did not even know what it was until I got home.

Psalms 24:1 The earth is the LORD'S, and all it contains...But God shares with us who search!

Posted by: sube
Date: July 18, 2017 08:56PM
That's a nice medal Tony great hunt thanks for the pic's sube

Posted by: jerseyjim
Date: December 12, 2017 03:36PM
Great find, go back, their must be more.
Jim

Posted by: E-Trac-Ohio
Date: December 20, 2017 06:27AM
A real nice piece of history - congrats !

XP Deus * 9" LF Coil * Vance / Killer B Hybrid Headphones
Minelab E-Trac * 5" - 4.5" x 7" - Stealth X-8 Coils * Killer B + Gray Ghost Headphones

1724 - K.G. Half Penny * 1736 - K.G. Half Penny * 1783 - Half Real
1817 - Large Cent * 1829 - Capped Bust Dime * 1837 - Capped Bust Half Dime * 1852 - Three Cent * 1857 - Flying Eagle Cent * 1865 - Two Cent * 1877 - Seated Quarter

Posted by: 4ryan
Date: December 23, 2017 01:25PM
Very cool find. Congratulations.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login