Findmall.com

Minelab CTX 3030 Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Silver, Big and Small
Posted by: hubbler
Date: November 11, 2017 01:37AM
Slow detecting year, healing from hip replacement #1 in the spring, waiting for hip #2 in December. But with decent weather for this time of year, hit a local park for a couple of hours today. First target of the day was the barber half. CTX gave 12-46/47 first, then 09/10/11-47 at a depth of 7". Thinking it could be a silver quarter or silver ring, dug down to 7" and the pinpointer let me know I was close. Loosened more dirt and scooped out the loose dirt along with the target. Really pleasantly surprised with the barber half. Measured depth, and the empty hole was 8.5" deep. Next target was a pull tab. Third target was the merc, surrounded by iron, but only 5" deep. Definitely should have been found before as hard as the local parks have been hunted, but I'll take it. Two hours, ~$3 in clad, 7 rusty nails, 20 odd pull tabs/can slaw later, and still two silver, had to call it a day...but will be back before December!

Re: Silver, Big and Small
Posted by: mrwilburino
Date: November 11, 2017 04:00AM
Park silver is pretty darn hard to find in that size anymore, especially a barber! Good job! :thumbup:

Fisher Teknetics XP Minelab

Posted by: laplander
Date: November 12, 2017 08:47PM
Sweet finds my friend!!

Best of luck with your upcoming surgery and a speedy recovery :thumbup:

HH Jeff

Posted by: PryorCreekJoe
Date: November 12, 2017 08:51PM
Nice digs. Great rehab hunt for sure! Good luck on your Dec replacement. You'll have two good hips by spring!

Joe

Posted by: IDXMonster
Date: November 12, 2017 09:03PM
That’s a heck of a find in a park! Really nice Hubbler,you’ll have speedy wheels in 2018!:smile:

Posted by: wyohunter99
Date: November 12, 2017 09:08PM
Nice!!!!

Date: November 12, 2017 09:18PM
Thanks guys. I appreciate the well wishes and kind words.

Please keep posting interesting finds should you do any good over the winter months. I generally check the forum everyday and enjoy reading the stories.

Happy hunting!

Ron

Posted by: jerseyjim
Date: December 01, 2017 03:52PM
In a NJ park.

Posted by: IDXMonster
Date: December 01, 2017 05:04PM
For not getting out much you sure do very well Hubbler! Heal up completely so we can check out some more loot! Really really nice condition coins!

Posted by: GKMan
Date: December 06, 2017 04:59AM
Nice set of coins! Good job!

Gary
Dutchess County New York
I love The Game of Tones....
Present: Equinox 800.
Past: CTX-3030 Minelab E-Trac, Explorer II, Sovereign
Detecting Since 1984 Using Minelab since mid 90s

Date: December 06, 2017 09:37PM
Funny you mention the condition. A couple of years ago I found a barber half, also a 1905 S. But I put a helluva scratch across the face. Luckily I was more careful this time. Would post a pic of the first one but I'm in the hospital from the previously mention surgery.

HH and keep posting.

Ron

Date: December 06, 2017 09:38PM
GKMan
Nice set of coins! Good job!

Thanks Gary.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login