Findmall.com

Minelab CTX 3030 Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
WM 10 battery replacement
Posted by: Welwood470
Date: December 12, 2017 01:11PM
Has anybody here replaced WM 10 battery themselves? If so, what battery, make/part#
did you use? TYIA

Re: WM 10 battery replacement
Posted by: coherent
Date: December 12, 2017 02:08PM
Haven't replaced one, but researched it and...
Lipo 3.7V 1000mah under $10 on ebay

Posted by: Jason in Enid
Date: December 12, 2017 02:23PM
I remember someone talking about in the past and it seems that it needs a specific battery. IIRC the stock size for a 3.7v 1000mah is too "thick" to allow putting the case back together, but there is/are a longer and thinner battery available somewhere. But this is going off memory and its possible I'm confusing this with batteriess for the CTX lipo pack. Just thought Id put the caution out there, better to measure than buy twice.

Posted by: Champ Ferguson
Date: December 13, 2017 09:18AM
I remember reading the same thing at this site as Jason writes about. Its there if you can just search it up.

Minelab CTX
Minelab Excalibur II
Minelab Safari

Posted by: sgoss66
Date: December 13, 2017 07:35PM
Welwood470 --

If you find the right battery, please post it in this thread. I'm sure others (myself included) would like to know...

Steve

Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett ProPointer AT
Lesche hand digger
Lesche 38D Ground Shark "King of Spades"

Norman, OK

Posted by: Jason in Enid
Date: December 13, 2017 07:50PM
This older thread may help some.

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?86,2356638

Date: December 14, 2017 08:52AM
Jason, the thread WAS a great help. There's a youtube video linked in tha thread that shows exactly how to swap the batteries out. BUT -- looks like there was no "easy" replacement battery solution directly offered in the thread, due to size/dimension specifics. Has anyone actually purchased a battery that works/fits in the WM-10, size-wise? If so, a link to the purchase site, or at least the brand/model, etc. for an ebay search, would be great -- if anyone has that info...

Steve

Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett ProPointer AT
Lesche hand digger

Norman, OK

Posted by: sprchng
Date: December 14, 2017 02:59PM
I think you will run into much the same issues you run into with the Deus batteries. You can open your WM10 and measure the battery and match the connector and voltage probably with just a little effort. However , if and when you find a supplier for that battery , it will most likely be a Chinese battery company that has no outlet for onesey twosey type sales and you will be confronted with ordering a minimum of 100 batteries to get one , if your lucky , and quite possibly 1000 of them. Ebay had a fellow selling replacement batteries for the Deus but that supply has been exhausted evidently until someone else bellies up to supply them. Until then you are most likely stuck with returning your WM10 to Minelab and paying the service fee.

Posted by: rsarge1
Date: December 15, 2017 10:46AM
I think it would be easier just to get a new wm10 by the time you run around getting the necessary parts sometimes it costs more trying to save money when there will be less problems in the long run

Happy Hunting All

Sarge

Date: December 15, 2017 12:44PM
Easier?

Yes, sarge...except they are $250! :surrender:

Steve

Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett ProPointer AT
Lesche hand digger

Norman, OK

Posted by: rsarge1
Date: December 15, 2017 03:49PM
ouch!! I did not know LOL then I would take the batteries in to batteries plus and try to find one that would work

Happy Hunting All

Sarge

Date: December 15, 2017 06:33PM
sarge --

That's not a bad idea, right there...they, or Interstate, may be able to come up with something...

Steve

Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett ProPointer AT
Lesche hand digger

Norman, OK

Posted by: bklein
Date: December 16, 2017 09:57AM

Posted by: coherent
Date: December 16, 2017 09:57AM
There are a few videos on youtube about replacing the battery. Have you watched any of them? You can also user higher mAn like a 1200 instead of the 1000mAh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2ozOfn2GwE

Most of the batteries available on Ebay list the dimensions.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/3-7V-1000mAh-Lithium-Polymer-LiPo-Rechargeable-Battery-USA-STOCK/172756197147?hash=item2839125f1b:g:syIAAOSwXYtY3GNu

Tried to find forum rules to make sure posting these type of links is ok, but couldn't find anything regarding youtube or ebay.

Date: December 16, 2017 08:50PM
bklein --

looks like that one would fit; if my math is right, it's even thinner and narrower than the stock battery, per the dimensions posted by the original poster of the thread Jason linked...

coherent --

Yep, I watched the video; looks like the battery you posted in your second link might also fit -- again, if my math is right...

Steve

Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett ProPointer AT
Lesche hand digger

Norman, OK

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login