Findmall.com

Minelab CTX 3030 Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: CTX 3030 circuit design - what's under the hood?
Posted by: Jason in Enid
Date: December 27, 2017 08:26AM
bklein
I’ve never seen a dead one for sale.... what have they sold for?
It would be a cool project to figure out the coil interface so we could experiment with coils.

Its not often but I have seen a few over the years. I don't remember the final price, but search through completed auctions could probably root them out. I think they end up going for a couple hundred because people are hoping its just a dead PCB and they can re-use/re-sell coil/face pad/battery/stems

Posted by: Chrisdw
Date: December 27, 2017 05:24PM
I suspect that the chip in the coils is both an identification and calibration memory chip.

Posted by: IDXMonster
Date: December 27, 2017 06:12PM
Chrisdw
I suspect that the chip in the coils is both an identification and calibration memory chip.

Chris-AFAIK the chip is for signal conversion. This makes for a “cleaner” signal to and from the coil by cleaning up possible interference coming through the cable itself. It’s digital TX to the chip,analog from chip to target and back to chip,and then digital RX back up to the machine. There very well could be other things embedded in it for various reasons but as I understand it,signal converting is its main function.

Posted by: bklein
Date: December 27, 2017 10:04PM
Jason in Enid
bklein
I’ve never seen a dead one for sale.... what have they sold for?
It would be a cool project to figure out the coil interface so we could experiment with coils.

Its not often but I have seen a few over the years. I don't remember the final price, but search through completed auctions could probably root them out. I think they end up going for a couple hundred because people are hoping its just a dead PCB and they can re-use/re-sell coil/face pad/battery/stems

Well for those reading this, if you have a bad one you'd sell cheap let me know...
Maybe I'd be able to figure out the coil chip - or maybe Minelab would sell the chips for enterprising coil builders..

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login