Findmall.com

Minelab CTX 3030 Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Amazing Ten Silver public park hunt
Posted by: ironman200081
Date: February 15, 2018 09:14PM
With all the news, views, and reviews of Minelab's new darling, the Equinox, its easy to overlook the great stuff that the other Minelabs like the CTX are finding. On this hunt, I hit a well-picked public park with my family. I used the 17-inch coil, which I use almost exclusively unless the trash is heavy. I have found silver here before, as has nearly every other digger in the area. I wasn't expecting much. It's good to have low expectations, because the CTX is known for shattering those. I ended up pulling ten total silvers during this hunt, my single best for a public park. Must were dimes, but one was a half, and another was a war nickel. Yes, that Equinox may be a slick machine, but I think I'll keep swinging my CTX for the foreseeable future! Enjoy the video, we made some live digs too.

video: https://youtu.be/LfV7qNOtl90

Bryan in Missouri
"MidMoTreasure" on Youtube
www.midmolawyer.com

Re: Amazing Ten Silver public park hunt
Posted by: trojdor
Date: February 15, 2018 09:20PM
Bryan,

Wow...I can't remember the last hunt I found 10 silvers!

Well done :thumbup:

mike

Posted by: sgoss66
Date: February 15, 2018 10:37PM
An incredible hunt! I don't think I've EVER found 10 silvers in one hunt! Six or 7 is my max -- 10? WOW!!

Excellent!! Congrats to you!

Steve

Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett ProPointer AT
Lesche hand digger
Lesche 38D Ground Shark "King of Spades"

Norman, OK

Posted by: mrwilburino
Date: February 16, 2018 12:04AM
Outstanding! :clapping:

Fisher Teknetics XP Minelab

Posted by: greenmeanie
Date: February 16, 2018 06:59AM
But how can you find anything with that old dinosaur it isn't a NOX with all the "NEW TECH"

XP DEUS
NOX 800

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2018 06:59AM by greenmeanie.

Posted by: IDXMonster
Date: February 16, 2018 07:05AM
7 silvers is my record...the CTX and FBS will always do what they’ve done. The EQ will be a very nice addition to the ML family for what IT does....
That’s a barn burner hunt Bryan! Now how many others are in that place??

Posted by: ironman200081
Date: February 16, 2018 07:57AM
Thanks everyone! We have had some brutal cold since that hunt, and I am counting on the frost heave to push some of the deep ones back in to detector range. I agree that the Equinox will be a great tool for the Minelab family, but I am content with my "old dinosaur" for the time being. It will be six happy years of swinging together this May.

Bryan in Missouri
"MidMoTreasure" on Youtube
www.midmolawyer.com

Posted by: chappy(IN)
Date: February 19, 2018 04:07AM
WOW !!!! that is outstanding, public park with the 17-inch coil. I may have to rethink using my 17 in coil at the parks I go to but they are a little bit on the trashy side.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login