Findmall.com

Minelab CTX 3030 Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Ctx repair
Posted by: mascard1
Date: February 26, 2018 03:28PM
How much do you think it would cost .. to replace screen and back end of 3030( the power pod?).. Anybody know where I can get a loan on my house to pay for this?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2018 03:29PM by mascard1.

Re: Ctx repair
Posted by: jimmyzr1
Date: February 26, 2018 03:32PM
Ouch, I bet that would hurt! T he only reason I got rid of my out of warranty 3030 was because of the screen issues, otherwise I would have kept it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2018 03:40PM by jimmyzr1.

Date: February 26, 2018 03:36PM
jimmyzr1
Ouch, I bet that would hurt!
Bet it hurt when I hit you in head with it!

Date: February 26, 2018 10:42PM
mascard1

Ouch, I bet that would hurt!Bet it hurt when I hit you in head with it!
This is a guy I hunt with.. Don’t tell anyone!

Date: February 28, 2018 11:07PM
Well .. Final cost was 665.00.. plus 40.00 for me to ship it.

Posted by: IDXMonster
Date: March 01, 2018 07:50AM
What was the problem with the CTX to begin with? Did it drown somehow?

Date: March 01, 2018 09:14AM
I have two of them...one had a bad screen(was going to be water one).....My land one... the power pod on back went out(Guy at Minelab said he never saw this?)So I took the power pod off ..the one with bad screen...and put on the other one to check it...works great...so put the bad power pod on ...the bad screen one..and sent it off.......That way I have one to use and get both fixed!..........Second time had a screen go out...The power pod was almost 400.00...think he felt bad telling me this....They don't go to Kellyco...they go to Detector something?(Can't remember off hand)...I myself think the E-trac is the best park machine ever made!.......To use the 3030..I made a Ace250(just the box) with Sunray probe ...To mount to my side...So I have three tones with the probe!

Posted by: treasure_hunter
Date: March 01, 2018 12:41PM
mascard1
I have two of them...one had a bad screen(was going to be water one).....My land one... the power pod on back went out(Guy at Minelab said he never saw this?)So I took the power pod off ..the one with bad screen...and put on the other one to check it...works great...so put the bad power pod on ...the bad screen one..and sent it off.......That way I have one to use and get both fixed!..........Second time had a screen go out...The power pod was almost 400.00...think he felt bad telling me this....They don't go to Kellyco...they go to Detector something?(Can't remember off hand)..!

Repairs go to "Detector Center" ...

Posted by: sprchng
Date: March 02, 2018 10:14AM
mascard1
I have two of them...one had a bad screen(was going to be water one).....My land one... the power pod on back went out(Guy at Minelab said he never saw this?)So I took the power pod off ..the one with bad screen...and put on the other one to check it...works great...so put the bad power pod on ...the bad screen one..and sent it off.......That way I have one to use and get both fixed!..........Second time had a screen go out...The power pod was almost 400.00...think he felt bad telling me this....They don't go to Kellyco...they go to Detector something?(Can't remember off hand)...I myself think the E-trac is the best park machine ever made!.......To use the 3030..I made a Ace250(just the box) with Sunray probe ...To mount to my side...So I have three tones with the probe!

I'll tell you what mascard1 , I'm shocked! , just shocked! , that you didn't just order the parts from Minelab's "repair it yourself" website and change the parts out yourself!!
So happy Minelab had the wonderful insight to implement such a wonderful feature for all of it's loyal customers!!!!!!

Date: March 03, 2018 09:06AM
I never heard of a place to get parts or ..I would have?..I know they have a members only?

Posted by: sprchng
Date: March 03, 2018 07:39PM
mascard1
I never heard of a place to get parts or ..I would have?..I know they have a members only?

They removed the DIY verbiage last night after they bought off the mods here to delete my post with the info which made it appear as if they were actually going to sell parts to the public and have some customer service. To their credit , they at least removed their false promise.

Posted by: chappy(IN)
Date: March 04, 2018 02:46AM
Thanks, mascard1 for keeping us up to date with your CTX repair problem. I just can't believe how much it cost to fix it. I wish there was a way that we can buy are own parts.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login