Findmall.com

Minelab CTX 3030 Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
New CTX 3030 came today.
Posted by: M.L. Hinds
Date: April 13, 2018 06:01PM
I should have know better and purchased the CTX from the start when I got back into the hobby! Yea, they might be a bit heavier but I am willing to deal with the weight for whats in the box! I bought a pro swing as well.. Looking forward to getting out with this as I always enjoyed the FBS line!

Re: New CTX 3030 came today.
Posted by: Elton
Date: April 13, 2018 06:50PM
Good purchase. May as well go with the best.

Administrator
Supporter Of FTF Sponsors

" There will be times I express a personal opinion on something"

Posted by: M.L. Hinds
Date: April 13, 2018 07:27PM
I had to try some another one everyone was raving about and the more I used it, the more I hated it. I alway liked the Minelab Explorers and Etrac so this was my natural direction to go.:twodetecting:

Posted by: Elton
Date: April 13, 2018 07:52PM
M.L. Hinds
I had to try some another one everyone was raving about and the more I used it, the more I hated it. I alway liked the Minelab Explorers and Etrac so this was my natural direction to go.:twodetecting:

Enjoy your new Detector !!!

Administrator
Supporter Of FTF Sponsors

" There will be times I express a personal opinion on something"

Posted by: sgoss66
Date: April 14, 2018 03:56AM
Indeed -- enjoy your new machine. It's absolutely an excellent unit...

Steve

Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett ProPointer AT
Lesche hand digger
Lesche 38D Ground Shark "King of Spades"

Norman, OK

Posted by: LawrencetheMDer
Date: April 14, 2018 09:33AM
I've had my CTX 3030 for 13-14 months now and 20+ gold rings later I'm VERY happy with it. I had used the Excal for 6 yrs previous and the simple fact that I can now avoid the vast majority of bottle caps (that always sounded good to me) saves me loads of time which I devote to finding more gold. Discrimination ability and ability to identify common targets (pull and push-tabs, cent, dime quarter) with about 80-90% accuracy is second to none. Oh, did I mention that mine paid for itself already?

Posted by: halfstep
Date: April 15, 2018 04:21PM
The CTX is a great detector. I've owned mine for 2 1/2 months and really like it. I am still learning with it but have gotten familiar with the sittings. I've been running the 17" coil and can cover a lot of ground. The weight is balanced nicely and doesn't seem to bother me. Have fun with your CTX and good luck.

Posted by: jctorok
Date: April 15, 2018 06:15PM
Congratulations and welcome to the gang. Since you already have experience working with Minelabs you likely not want to wrap it around a tree after a few hunts.

I would recommend you get the CTX 3030 book from Andy Sabisch it will shorten your learning curve significantly. The CTX is a different detector than your Explorer. Never having owned an Etrac I cannot say how much difference there will be. I have owned mine since 2014. It has been very, very good to me.

Good luck.
Jerry

Jerry
USCG (Retired)
CTX 3030 (w Pro, 17" & 6" coils), Minelab Explorer SE Pro (w/ Pro 5", Ultimate13", 6X8 & X1 Probe), Equinox 800

Posted by: ironman200081
Date: April 16, 2018 09:45AM
Welcome to the club! You will love what this machine can do.

Bryan in Missouri
"MidMoTreasure" on Youtube
www.midmolawyer.com

Posted by: ynnek4
Date: April 16, 2018 09:18PM
Congrats, it is a great detector!

For as heavy as the CTX is I think it is balanced better than the NOX 800.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2018 09:19PM by ynnek4.

Posted by: jerseyjim
Date: May 06, 2018 03:15PM
Now you can have fun buying all of the coils. If you do want an extra coil, try the 6" one.
You will love it.
Jim

Posted by: IDXMonster
Date: May 07, 2018 07:31PM
jerseyjim
Now you can have fun buying all of the coils. If you do want an extra coil, try the 6" one.
You will love it.
Jim

When I bought my CTX just over 2 years ago I also got the 2 extra coils. I’ve since sold the 6” coil,which was one of the dumber things I’ve done concerning detecting. If you do any woods hunting,stubble hunting,really severe trash sites...it’s the coil to have. It doesn’t cover ground very fast but not many 6” coils do. I’ll be getting another this summer.

Posted by: halfstep
Date: May 12, 2018 10:06PM
M.L. Hinds
I should have know better and purchased the CTX from the start when I got back into the hobby! Yea, they might be a bit heavier but I am willing to deal with the weight for whats in the box! I bought a pro swing as well.. Looking forward to getting out with this as I always enjoyed the FBS line!

It's been a month. How are you getting along with the CTX?

Posted by: Big Boys Hobbies
Date: June 06, 2018 11:50AM
Congrats! The Minelab CTX 3030 is as good as it gets! Best deep silver machine on the market!

Bart Davis
Bart@BigBoysHobbies.net
Findmall Sponsor BigBoysHobbies.net
Email, call or text for best deals. 405-206-9010
Minelab USA Partner of the year award 2012. Minelab customer service award 2012.
Authorized Minelab Metal Detectors Fisher Metal Detectors Whites Metal Detectors Teknetics Metal Detectors Garrett Metal Detectors XP Deus Dealer.

Posted by: jerseyjim
Date: July 05, 2018 05:22PM
If you are worried about weight, I would suggest that you Don't purchase the 14 X 9 Coltiex coil. It is heavier then the 17 " one.

Jim

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login