Findmall.com

Minelab CTX 3030 Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Handle cover?
Posted by: ynnek4
Date: April 16, 2018 05:11PM
Hi,

I was curious if anyone uses some sort of cover for their CTX handle? I was looking for something available in the US, washable, and uses maybe Velcro. As you probably know the handle takes a beating so I am trying to minimize that.

Thanks for any info!

Re: Handle cover?
Posted by: Jim Robertson
Date: April 16, 2018 05:30PM
I use the wrap that is used on tennis rackets. You can get it at any sporting goods store. I change it once a year maybe.

Date: April 16, 2018 09:04PM
That is a great idea. I will look into that. Thanks!

Jim Robertson
I use the wrap that is used on tennis rackets. You can get it at any sporting goods store. I change it once a year maybe.

Posted by: chappy(IN)
Date: April 16, 2018 11:04PM
Also look for wraps that covers handles on fishing poles.

Posted by: pinpointpetey
Date: April 16, 2018 11:56PM
I use Vet Wrap. You can get it from places that carry supplies for farm animals. Comes in different colors.

Posted by: sgoss66
Date: April 17, 2018 01:34AM
Seconded, on the Vet Wrap. It works GREAT. Cheap, can be changed as often as you like, it "sticks" well, but leaves NO residue, etc.

Steve

Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett ProPointer AT
Lesche hand digger
Lesche 38D Ground Shark "King of Spades"

Norman, OK

Date: April 17, 2018 06:57AM
chappy(IN)
Also look for wraps that covers handles on fishing poles.

Great idea. Will look into that as well. Thanks for the reply.

Date: April 17, 2018 06:58AM
pinpointpetey
I use Vet Wrap. You can get it from places that carry supplies for farm animals. Comes in different colors.

Awesome. Looks like Amazon carries it as well: https://www.amazon.com/Wrap-Adherent-Adhering-Stick-Bandage/dp/B00MKAHMF4/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1523966273&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=vet+wrap&psc=1

Date: April 17, 2018 07:01AM
sgoss66
Seconded, on the Vet Wrap. It works GREAT. Cheap, can be changed as often as you like, it "sticks" well, but leaves NO residue, etc.

Steve

Thanks for the tip! Leaving no residue if high on my list.

I am probably too "Type A" for metal detecting.

Posted by: ironman200081
Date: April 17, 2018 07:55AM
I use gun wrap on mine, but vet wrap looks good too. Currently, I have a jolly roger gun wrap on the handle. There's lots of colors and designs out there to fit any personality. https://www.amazon.com/McNett-Tactical-Camo-Protective-Camouflage/dp/B00P8XJ8ZW/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_263_bs_lp_img_1?_encoding=UTF8&refRID=WXAXE08W1MJ1KAP3RZX6&th=1

Bryan in Missouri
"MidMoTreasure" on Youtube
www.midmolawyer.com

Date: April 17, 2018 05:47PM
Thanks for the link! I will check it out.

ironman200081
I use gun wrap on mine, but vet wrap looks good too. Currently, I have a jolly roger gun wrap on the handle. There's lots of colors and designs out there to fit any personality. https://www.amazon.com/McNett-Tactical-Camo-Protective-Camouflage/dp/B00P8XJ8ZW/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_263_bs_lp_img_1?_encoding=UTF8&refRID=WXAXE08W1MJ1KAP3RZX6&th=1

Posted by: sgoss66
Date: April 18, 2018 04:20AM
ynek -- naaah, I don't think you can be too "type A" for detecting! I'm the same way; all it means is that we might drive people nuts along the way, on occasion! I drive people nuts all the time with my style, but it's the way I've always been. You'll be driven to be as good as you can be as a detectorist -- so your personality should serve you well in terms of learning/improving!

It's all good -- this hobby is "moldable" to WHATEVER your personality type! ;)

Steve

Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett ProPointer AT
Lesche hand digger
Lesche 38D Ground Shark "King of Spades"

Norman, OK

Date: April 18, 2018 08:37AM
sgoss66
It's all good -- this hobby is "moldable" to WHATEVER your personality type! ;)

Steve

Spot on! Totally agree.

Posted by: halfstep
Date: April 18, 2018 12:14PM
ironman200081

It makes sense you used a gun wrap. After all, it is a 3030 and you do a lot of coinshooting.

Posted by: Jim Robertson
Date: April 18, 2018 12:35PM
I have been using it for the 20 years. I now have it on my GPX 4800 and my two CTX 3030's also Vista Gold and Whites 5900. It holds good and leaves no marks nothing behind. When I was younger much younger I stung tennis rackets in a tennis pro shop. That is where I came across the tennis tape grip. Changed them all the time. You know how much a tennis player sweats. Hope this helps. Jim

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login