Findmall.com

Minelab CTX 3030 Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
New software update for CTX
Posted by: Capreo
Date: April 23, 2018 11:57PM
It's been years since Minelab has provided its customers a valuable software update for its flagship coin and jewelry detector. Anybody know if we can expect something in the near future? I think many of us would even be willing to fork out a little money if it gave us features we are looking for. For me, it would be controlling volume levels within the bins. As well, a volume control for depth. Meaning, I'd love to be able to turn the volume off for anything the detector says is less than 5 inches.
Or..... Perhaps a 3030 replacement with some of these features will be on its way :)

Re: New software update for CTX
Posted by: trojdor
Date: April 24, 2018 02:23AM
I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt we'll see anything new for the CTX at this point. :(

Volume level control within bins is a nice idea.

Turning off the volume for anything less that 5 inches would have lost me some of my best finds, so that wouldn't work for me.
We just had a hunt on Sunday where my hunting buddy scored a pristine Indian Head at 4 or 5 inches, and a nice silver ring from on top of the ground.
Last year, I pulled a Seated dime with mint luster from about the same depth.

I'd prefer an update that would positively identify aluminum and deep iron... ;)

I'm sure they're working hard on the 'next big thing'.

mike

Posted by: tcornel
Date: April 24, 2018 05:21AM
What I would like to see is a new model with more powerful (faster) electronics. The software can stay the same but have new boards that will make it faster. Computers have changed a lot in the last 6 years. They already have a longer life battery so why not use the power?

Posted by: halfstep
Date: April 24, 2018 11:43AM
Adjustable bin volume would be a nice option but besides that, I don't see anything else that can make it much better. Since 2012 when the CTX hit the market, Bluetooth technology has improved a lot with low latency transmitters and headphones. I think it would have been nice if they updated the CTX with Bluetooth aptx low latency technology that would give us some more headphone options like the new NOX 600/800 has.

Posted by: brother steve
Date: April 24, 2018 06:58PM
I agree about updates . The only wa is start com the ground up. We are seeing new each with he nox, maybe we will get a 3# ctx with super frequency’s . I am sure the competition will drive some really cool tech our way☺️

Posted by: sgoss66
Date: April 24, 2018 07:16PM
I'd like the capability to run a "combined" mode, but instead of being limited to 5 bins above the ferrous bin, allow us to run all 50 tones above the ferrous bin...

Steve

Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett ProPointer AT
Lesche hand digger
Lesche 38D Ground Shark "King of Spades"

Norman, OK

Posted by: chuckciao
Date: April 24, 2018 08:36PM
This is like a re-occurring nightmare that keeps on coming back! Don't hold your breath for any updates! It ain’t happening!

Posted by: IDXMonster
Date: April 24, 2018 08:59PM
To make the nightmare go away,some of these things should be implemented to make good on a pricey promise. Personally,I don’t need any updates,but for those who feel as if improvements could be made within reason,then the company should block out some programming time to make it right for the people who want “updates”. But like I said,I don’t need anything that I can think of. In several years I may even know how to use it as it is!:smile:

Posted by: Ben Town
Date: April 25, 2018 03:31PM
I agree with IDX, I’m happy with what I have if they don’t do an update.
I can be productive and find the things I’m after but still find little thing to adjust and change for improvement every now and then.
That’s the reason I have declined on a nox 800, don’t want to start learning all over yet

Posted by: Capreo
Date: April 26, 2018 12:15AM
Here's an improvement I think we'd all appreciate.....
No more falsing on rusty iron! Hopefully One day soon, the technology will arrive

Posted by: IDXMonster
Date: April 27, 2018 07:47AM
Capreo
Here's an improvement I think we'd all appreciate.....
No more falsing on rusty iron! Hopefully One day soon, the technology will arrive

Oh man! Or somehow figure out how to make it false low! But that’s why it’s called “falsing” I guess. No disc is the only option there to show it for what it really is...
I like the notion though!!:smile:

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login