Findmall.com

Minelab CTX 3030 Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Sun Ray Pro for CTX 3030
Posted by: jerseyjim
Date: May 06, 2018 02:56PM
Hi All,
I am about to purchase the Sun Ray Pro head phones for the CTX 3030. Has anyone tried them yet?

Re: Sun Ray Pro for CTX 3030
Posted by: LTimedigger
Date: May 06, 2018 04:13PM
I've had the Sun Ray's for a # of years. They are very comfortable, give a nice tone etc but keep in mind they have two on/off switches on the phone which have to be turned on before you start sweeping. To me its a little overkill cuz its easy to bump them and turn them off unless you just dont won't to hear a tone while ur diggin. I'm used to them now but would probably gone with Gray Ghost if had to do over which I believe doesnt have them but will connect with a wireless controller for a ctx. HH

Posted by: sprchng
Date: May 06, 2018 04:49PM
I have the CTX Pro Golds and they're terrific in cooler weather and where ambient noise is an issue.
Grey Ghosts gave me a temporal mandibular headache , the padding on the Pro Gold does not.

Posted by: trojdor
Date: May 06, 2018 05:51PM
Yes, they sound great...good noise isolation.

Bit of a sauna during the summer.

Padding is leather and can crack/dry out with too much sweating.
Lightly use some leather cream treatment before you start using them.

Posted by: trojdor
Date: May 06, 2018 05:56PM
LTimedigger
but keep in mind they have two on/off switches on the phone which have to be turned on before you start sweeping. HH

Huh...
Mine don't have any 'on/off' switches.
They've got a 3-position mode switch you set for your detector model's wiring. (CTX is all the way down.)
And they've got a Limiter enable/disable switch. (limiter enabled is down...which is counter-intuitive...should be up for on, like everything else in the world.)
Both switches are 'set once and forget'.

The only thing I find really annoying is that both left and right volume knobs are wired backwards...(volume knobs should increase volume with clockwise rotation, not the other way round.)
But you can get used to it...

mike

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/06/2018 06:02PM by trojdor.

Posted by: sgoss66
Date: May 06, 2018 11:33PM
I LOVE the SunRays...excellent headphones. I agree with trojdor's comments, but sound- and comfort-wise, excellent.

Steve

Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett ProPointer AT
Lesche hand digger
Lesche 38D Ground Shark "King of Spades"

Norman, OK

Posted by: Larry (IL)
Date: May 07, 2018 07:57AM
Love my Pro Golds. The switches are necessary if you own or use other brands of detectors. I have owned SunRay headphones for over 15 years and never had to replace a switch and I don't baby them either, they ride in the back of my truck. My wife uses Gold Pro's and the backup HP are the older SunRay Pro's. Worth every penny.

Bells and whistles are nice, but nothing will substitute for the basic understanding of the hobby.

:minelab: CTX 3030

Posted by: jerseyjim
Date: May 07, 2018 09:16AM
Thank you all very much. I will order mine today. I have Mells BigBlues, they are great, made well, good sound. If I we are them more then an hour I get a head ace. They are very tight. Thank you for your help,

Posted by: Big Boys Hobbies
Date: June 06, 2018 11:53AM
sgoss66
I LOVE the SunRays...excellent headphones. I agree with trojdor's comments, but sound- and comfort-wise, excellent.

Steve

Agreed! The Sun Ray Pro Gold CTX 3030 Phones are what I use on my CTX!

Bart Davis
Bart@BigBoysHobbies.net
Findmall Sponsor BigBoysHobbies.net
Email, call or text for best deals. 405-206-9010
Minelab USA Partner of the year award 2012. Minelab customer service award 2012.
Authorized Minelab Metal Detectors Fisher Metal Detectors Whites Metal Detectors Teknetics Metal Detectors Garrett Metal Detectors XP Deus Dealer.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login