Findmall.com

Minelab CTX 3030 Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Native American jewelry...
Posted by: PryorCreekJoe
Date: May 24, 2018 07:00AM
I dug this Native American silver ring a few couple weeks ago and had it repaired. It has two arrows, a cloud with rain, the sun with sun rays, a deer and an Unkena, the horned rattlesnake or horned serpent. This was found with permission on private property but very close to an area with lots of Cherokee activity. The ring appeared to have never been rounded and was for the most part still flat as if the silversmith had just made it and dropped it. I am 1/4 Cherokee myself and my mother told me years ago and we were members of the "Deer" clan. I think that it is a ceremonial ring but still doing research on it. I would love to be able to trace it back to a silversmith but that is a long shot. I have dug a lot of pretty cool things over the years but this one to me is just super cool. Thanks for looking.

Re: Native American jewelry...
Posted by: trojdor
Date: May 24, 2018 01:04PM
Nice find... :thumbup:

Were there any markings on the underside?

Date: May 24, 2018 06:23PM
trojdor
Nice find... :thumbup:

Were there any markings on the underside?

None. The "real" native american jewelry never does. :-) There was lots of activity in this area since the 1830's but mostly from 1875-1925ish. There was an old house site close but the house has been gone for over 50 years that I know of. I have reached out to the Cherokee Nation to see if anyone recognizes the silversmith's style but so far nothing!

Posted by: mrwilburino
Date: May 25, 2018 02:30AM
Very Nice! That's gotta have some value......

Fisher Teknetics XP Minelab

Posted by: sgoss66
Date: May 25, 2018 02:53AM
Joe --

Superb find!

I'm trying to see if I can get you any info...

Steve

Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett ProPointer AT
Lesche hand digger
Lesche 38D Ground Shark "King of Spades"

Norman, OK

Date: May 25, 2018 06:46AM
sgoss66
Joe --

Superb find!

I'm trying to see if I can get you any info...

Steve

Thanks Steve. I have thought about reaching out to the University but thought I would try the Cherokee Nation as a starting point.

Joe

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login