Findmall.com

Minelab CTX 3030 Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
xchnage2 stopped recognizing my CTX 3030 - just me or others having the same issue?
Posted by: MarkAugie
Date: June 17, 2018 06:31PM
Hello,
I've been using xchange2 to track all my hunts and finds for over a year. Just today, it no longer recognizes my CTX 3030
ERROR:
The CTX 3030 is not supported by this application
(I attached a snip)

I've tried 3 different USB cables.

Any ideas welcome,
thanx,
Augie

Re: xchnage2 stopped recognizing my CTX 3030 - just me or others having the same issue?
Posted by: IDXMonster
Date: June 17, 2018 10:25PM
Even though it may be heartache,back up your pertinent information you want to be able to view onto a flash drive and reinstall Xchange2. Well,that’s what I would do. Good luck!

Re: xchnage2 stopped recognizing my CTX 3030 - just me or others having the same issue?
Date: June 21, 2018 12:47AM
Thanks for the advice IDXMonster.
I will probably do what you suggest. Things are still acting goofy. I'll have to research the best way to backup all my hunts and finds.
For now, after wasting maybe 9 total hours trying not to reinstall software (I lost the CD) I was able to get a connection to my Win10 box by using a USB 3.0 port I had not tried before. I had tried 6 other USB ports in days prior.
I'm not sure if it will work a 2nd time, but I was able to dump my hunts, finds and clear my geostore.

When I find my CD, I'll try and install on a laptop to see if it's my tower, or the CTX that's being goofy.

Thanks again,
- Augie :)

PS
Wow, I was kind of surprised at the lack of support Minelab has. I could not find a way to create a ticket on their website. Needless to say, the xchange 2 software itself has a windows 3.1 clunky feel to it. I know metal detecting is a vertical market, but tracking GPS data isn't rocket science. It's OK for them to spend a little more money on software development... We all know their stuff isn't cheap to buy. They can afford it.
-LabRat

Posted by: trojdor
Date: June 21, 2018 03:12AM
MarkAugie,

You know, you can download the latest xchange2 software directly from the Minelab website...

(You really don't have to wait till you find the original CD.)

Posted by: bklein
Date: June 21, 2018 09:30AM
I used to test USB storage devices years ago and sometimes the pc being used would quit seeing/working with a device basically because its device list has become too large. I would have to go into the registry files for usb devices and delete the list. This would happen on PC’s in manufacturing test too. I wouldn’t want to try and walk you through registry files(!) so you might try putting a usb hub in between as it might be a way to start over painlessly in the registry and recognize the CTX again.

Date: June 21, 2018 11:54AM
Thanks trojdor, I had missed the download site before. Just found it. That helps.

https://www.minelab.com/accessories-1/detecting-apps/xchange-2?view=downloads

augie

Date: June 21, 2018 12:00PM
Hi bklein, I'll try your suggestion.. I have some extra powered USB hubs. I am using this tower for lots of things. VR and Ham Radio being the main projects. Until this post, I had forgotten I installed some special software for USB to serial port redirection. I'll also check that out.
Thanks all who responded. I think I'm over the hump and can get back hole digging :)
thanx,
- augie

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login