Findmall.com

Minelab CTX 3030 Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
I Lost my ctx 3030 battery but not the Charger
Posted by: MEV
Date: June 25, 2018 08:35AM
Hello everyone Ive just lost my ctx 3030 battery or somebody stole it from me, i just don't know what happened

I have the replaceable cell pack that came with ctx that accepts 8 AA batteries alkaline or rechargeable batteries.

My question is do this rechargeable batteries do i have to charge them with a battery charger thats is not the BC 10 of ctx 3030 before i put them inside the replaceable cell pack or they can be charged with the ctx 3030 battery charger BC 10 ?

Re: I Lost my ctx 3030 battery but not the Charger
Posted by: bklein
Date: June 25, 2018 09:39AM
Charge the batteries separately as they need individual peaking and the correct charge profile.

Posted by: IDXMonster
Date: June 25, 2018 10:06AM
MEV,I must think that it is misplaced. Unless someone around you has a CTX,there would be no reason for someone to take it. And if they were going to take it,they would’ve grabbed the whole machine,if the battery was installed on it. Since I don’t know the details, charge the batteries before putting them in the pack as stated already.

Posted by: chuckciao
Date: June 25, 2018 11:10AM
Normal rechargable AA’s must only be charged with a charger recommended by the battery manufacturer! Alternatively, you can use regular AA batteries (non-rechargable) in a pinch!

Date: June 25, 2018 11:50AM
Thanks everyone for your response.

Yes you are wright idx monster , why would some get.the battery, im the only one with.ctx 3030.

What batteries do you recomend me to buy, there are lot of good brands.

Posted by: Champ Ferguson
Date: June 25, 2018 12:04PM
IDXMonster
MEV,I must think that it is misplaced. Unless someone around you has a CTX,there would be no reason for someone to take it. And if they were going to take it,they would’ve grabbed the whole machine,if the battery was installed on it. Since I don’t know the details, charge the batteries before putting them in the pack as stated already.

People will still anything and its always been that way, at least in a lot of places. I had someone break into my car in Houston in the early 80s to steal a ratty old hockey sweater.

Above advice is correct; recharge your AAs in a charger that is designed to charge them. I recommend Eneloops and a good smart charger.

Minelab CTX
Minelab Excalibur II
Minelab Safari

Posted by: Jason in Enid
Date: June 25, 2018 12:10PM
impossible to charge through the AA pack, it doesnt have the monitoring chip that allows and defines the charge to be applied to the cells.

Posted by: D&P-OR
Date: June 25, 2018 01:02PM
Tell that to the saps that stole our two Deus control boxes (having NO idea what they were for).-----Along with two CTX's, one Etrac & many other things (a lot of it they could possibly have no use for).----Really cleaned us out--year ago Jan. 24th--that's a date I'll remember.-----Don't minimize what some people will steal---some will rob you of ANYTHING if they get the chance (sad to say)-----Yet another sign of the times I guess.
IDXMonster

Posted by: jerseyjim
Date: July 05, 2018 05:17PM
That is bad news. I would buy another battery. I know that they are expensive, but they are great. I use regular batteries in the pack that came with the CTX. That will get expensive also. Good luck, I hope you find it.

Jim

Date: July 05, 2018 10:36PM
Regular no way!!! Rechargable batteries better

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login