Findmall.com

Minelab CTX 3030 Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
CTX Stock Coin Program
Posted by: Silver_Stallion
Date: July 17, 2018 07:20PM
Hi gang! I just added a 3030 to my collection. I have allot of experience with the Etrac and Equinox. I am strictly a coin shooter and my question is this. For U.S. coins are the stock programs good enough, or are there other programs or settings I should be using in order not to miss deep silver.

Thanks!

Re: CTX Stock Coin Program
Posted by: Ben Town
Date: July 17, 2018 08:43PM
If you have some coins to test with make sure that program will alert you on big silver. I can’t remember as I’ve not used the stock coin program in awhile.’
I was testing my coin program one day and ran a half and silver dollar by it and nothing, it showed on the screen but no sound.
It was an easy fix to open it up in the right corner and I did it one square at a time until they just rang through.
now if I try something new or change a setting that’s my rainy day routine , run it by the test garden.
It’s not exactly like out in the field but it will get you close
BT

Posted by: brother steve
Date: July 18, 2018 12:53AM
If you really want to understand this machine buy Andy’s book. Read thourghly.

Posted by: chuckciao
Date: July 18, 2018 08:19AM
Silver_Stallion
Hi gang! I just added a 3030 to my collection. I have allot of experience with the Etrac and Equinox. I am strictly a coin shooter and my question is this. For U.S. coins are the stock programs good enough, or are there other programs or settings I should be using in order not to miss deep silver.

Thanks!

Go to the CTX Main Page on this forum and click on the red banner (CTX Resource Center) and check out the dozens of downloadable search patterns submitted by experienced CTX users.

Date: July 18, 2018 01:31PM
Thanks, but my question was do the user programs really do any better then the stock ones for a park coin shooter. My guess is not really put I wanted to hear from experienced users.

Posted by: chuckciao
Date: July 18, 2018 01:37PM
Silver_Stallion
Thanks, but my question was do the user programs really do any better then the stock ones for a park coin shooter. My guess is not really put I wanted to hear from experienced users.

In my case, I found a more open discrimination pattern, versus the stock coins pattern, served me better in my coin shooting conditions.

Date: July 19, 2018 05:05PM
Thanks guys. I should have clarified I don't really like to use open screens when coin shooting.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login