Findmall.com

Minelab CTX 3030 Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Which Detector Pro headphones for my CTX3030?
Posted by: vladorado
Date: July 28, 2018 05:49PM
I want to buy new headphones with adjustable volume for my CTX 3030. I wonder which Detector pro is better - the Grey Ghost or the NUGGET BUSTER NDT HEADPHONES?What is the difference between the two? I couldn't get it straight away from reading the descriptions on the websites selling them.

Re: Which Detector Pro headphones for my CTX3030?
Posted by: IDXMonster
Date: July 28, 2018 07:23PM
My buddy got the GG for his Explorer,didn’t care for them much. Most run a Killer B’s or Sunrays....but they might be just fine on the CTX. I’m of no other help,sorry...

Posted by: Jim in Idaho
Date: July 28, 2018 08:24PM
I've got both in the NDT's. To my ears the GG are a just a little more sharp, or crisp-sounding, whereas the NB's are somewhat softer in tone by comparison. That's using them on a White's Goldmaster.
Jim

Date: July 29, 2018 06:12AM
Thaks for the answers! Is there a mute function as on the killer bees headphones?

Posted by: C&RHunter
Date: July 29, 2018 08:25AM
Gray Ghost and Sunray both make headphones specifically for the CTX. In order for the detector speaker to shut off when the headphones are plugged into the CTX the wiring of the headphones has to be done in a different pattern than most headphones. I believe most headphones work okay when plugged into the WM10, however. An adapter pigtail can be made to allow most headphones to work properly as well. I like the Sunray phones, as there is a volume adjustment on each ear and the tones are crisp like I prefer. People’s hearing is different, so that is for the individual’s preference.

Posted by: Jason in Enid
Date: July 29, 2018 12:32PM
The Sunray Pro-Gold have a better sound quality to my ears than my KillerBs. I dont know if its from differing components or just because the Bs are much older, but the Sunray's have a crisper tone.

Date: July 30, 2018 07:29AM
The Sunray Pro-Gold sound limiting system do not work with the CTX3030.

Date: July 30, 2018 08:58AM
SUN RAY PRO GOLD MINELAB CTX 3030 HEADPHONES....Give BART a call at Bigboyshobbies, he would be able to help you.

Date: July 30, 2018 11:32AM
C&RHunter
SUN RAY PRO GOLD MINELAB CTX 3030 HEADPHONES....Give BART a call at Bigboyshobbies, he would be able to help you.

I should have added: Bart can point you in the right direction for DetectoPro or Sunray headphones for the CTX.

Date: July 30, 2018 05:06PM
THANKS!

Posted by: mrsspk
Date: July 31, 2018 10:44AM
Sunray Pro Golds. I have 3 pairs, one on the CTX one on the E Trac and one on the Equinox. Hands down the best headphones out there.

Date: August 01, 2018 02:11PM
mrsspk
Sunray Pro Golds. I have 3 pairs, one on the CTX one on the E Trac and one on the Equinox. Hands down the best headphones out there.

Do the dedicated Sunray Pro Gold CTX3030 phones have the " Enhanced Limiter Circuit with on/off switch for more pronounced reduction in loud blasts from surface targets, while allowing the faintest of signal responses to be clearly heard"?

Date: August 01, 2018 02:18PM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login