Findmall.com

Minelab CTX 3030 Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Broken ear on 17 inch coil any suggestions to fix?.
Posted by: utahshovelhead
Date: August 28, 2018 03:06PM
I got back in from detecting yesterday and I see the right ear of my 17 inch coil has broken. I dont think it's from a hard knock but probably from many small knocks over time. I'm planning to fix this with JB weld and some home made ears cut from similar plastics and joined together on the side with the JB Weld.

Id appreciate any suggestions you may have on the subject or from your personal repairs similar.

Please post soon if you have an idea as I can't wait to long before I get back out with it. I found a silver dollar yesterday .... I've found two at this spot...and its calling my name as we speak...GET OUT HERE and find the rest of the stuff im hiding.

Re: Broken ear on 17 inch coil any suggestions to fix?.
Posted by: bklein
Date: August 28, 2018 10:16PM
I bought a 2” abs pipe from Lowes, cut a 2” section and slit it, then used a heat gun to make it rectangular and glued it to the coil. Looks great but haven’t used it yet.

Posted by: Ben Town
Date: August 29, 2018 06:47AM
There’s some one around that makes repair kits for coils, I bought one but have not had to use it.
Look around in the adds and he may still be around.’
I’ve got to hail my RV to the shop and won’t be home till late this afternoon and I’ll have a look and see if the package has his info
BT

Posted by: RavRad
Date: August 29, 2018 07:28AM
Are the ears the same as the 11" coil? If so, I'll 3d print you this:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2188566/

Posted by: utahshovelhead
Date: August 30, 2018 04:47PM
Thanks for the input.

I took a black plastic heavy duty electrical box, cut the way I wanted and glued with jb weld...which didnt work then re glued with shoe glue. its drying now.

thank you.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login