Findmall.com

Minelab CTX 3030 Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Buy now or wait!
Posted by: expII al
Date: November 03, 2018 08:46AM
My etrac is working great but I would love to get a CTX 3030. My dilemma is if I buy one now will an upgrade be released in a few months?

Re: Buy now or wait!
Posted by: Jason in Enid
Date: November 03, 2018 09:01AM
Since ML is once again doing their free 17" with purchase Christmas special, buy it now. No, there will NOT be an upgrade released. The upgrade was the Equinox.

Posted by: MI-AuAg
Date: November 03, 2018 10:54AM
Hey expll al,

I think it is reasonable to assume that Minelab won't be doing an "upgrade" to the CTX. I think their 2016 "upgrade" was it. I don't see them expending $$ and manpower to develope an upgrade to a six year old machine.

I think it more probable that at some point they will do another NEW machine with the more popular aspects of the CTX like the Target Trace system, the abilty to visually see multiple targets under the coil in their respective conductive zones, the FE-CO target ID etc. The visual aspects of the CTX are very popular and useful, and unmatched by any other machine. I would think any such new machine would be more of a land based, lighter weight one, as the NOX has proven to be a good water machine as expected.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/03/2018 11:22AM by MI-AuAg.

Posted by: MEV
Date: November 12, 2018 12:31AM
How can the equinox be the upgrade of ctx?

I don't have a Nox but i have read that Nox is not good in ID, not good in discrimination, that you dig so much trash , i havent seen one single video where Nox is better than ctx. Just because it's lighter than ctx means it's better . Only thing i see better nox does it picks up more trash and tiny things that 95% of them are useless

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2018 12:32AM by MEV.

Posted by: chuckciao
Date: November 12, 2018 07:10AM
expII al
My etrac is working great but I would love to get a CTX 3030. My dilemma is if I buy one now will an upgrade be released in a few months?

Depending on your age and physical condition, although it’s lighter and nore balanced than the etrac, it’s still on the heavy side compared to the Equinox!

Posted by: D&P-OR
Date: November 12, 2018 08:42AM
(IMO) it's unlikely they will do an upgrade on the CTX.-----Actually the CTX is heavier than the Etrac but it doesn't seem like it from using it (much better balanced).-------Yes, they are both on the heavy side compared to the Equinox.------I own/use all three of those detectors & feel the CTX/eTrac "compliments" the Equinox nicely.
chuckciao

Depending on your age and physical condition, although it’s lighter and nore balanced than the etrac, it’s still on the heavy side compared to the Equinox!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login