Findmall.com

Minelab CTX 3030 Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: Buy now or wait!
Posted by: LawrencetheMDer
Date: January 20, 2019 09:03PM
Geobound

Had my CTX 3030 w 17" coil for 2 years now and absolutely love it! I hunt for 5-6 hrs, 2 days/week and have no problem swinging the 17" coil. Sure, I change hands/arms every 1-2 hrs but did the same with my Excalibur. No need for an update for the CTX because you can't improve perfection. Bottle caps ? Gone. Nails? Gone. Discrimination with the CTX is second to none. And as someone mentioned earlier, dealers have the CTX on sale and get the 17" coil (a $400 value) free. BTW, my CTX has paid for itself many times over - last year found 13 gold and 27 silver rings (in 4 months of hunting). In 2019, to date (1/12/2019) have found 2 gold rings; one with .75 ct diamonds, and dental gold (7.4g). Unfortunately, my Excal is now gathering dust as my back-up machine. Happy Hunting

Sounds like you are killing it with the CT.

I'm curious what mode you use and what the numbers come up as?

I've had my CTX for 1 1/2 years now (stock coil & Coiltek 10x5), and have found 2 gold rings so far?

Are you water hunting or land?

I use a variant of Beach mode and follow the teachings of Sabisch's CTX 3030 book. 17" coil helps with the deeper stuff and my data show you also find about 9 - 11% more with 17" coil vs 11" coil. Do roughly 50/50 land/water, but find 12 of 13 gold in water or wet sand. If I have a secret it is that I (now) know where to look and can better read the Beach. Read once that a guy said he learned to read the beach in 5 minutes...didn't that me that long to recognize a fool.

Re: Buy now or wait!
Posted by: Geobound
Date: January 21, 2019 12:57AM
LawrencetheMDer

Had my CTX 3030 w 17" coil for 2 years now and absolutely love it! I hunt for 5-6 hrs, 2 days/week and have no problem swinging the 17" coil. Sure, I change hands/arms every 1-2 hrs but did the same with my Excalibur. No need for an update for the CTX because you can't improve perfection. Bottle caps ? Gone. Nails? Gone. Discrimination with the CTX is second to none. And as someone mentioned earlier, dealers have the CTX on sale and get the 17" coil (a $400 value) free. BTW, my CTX has paid for itself many times over - last year found 13 gold and 27 silver rings (in 4 months of hunting). In 2019, to date (1/12/2019) have found 2 gold rings; one with .75 ct diamonds, and dental gold (7.4g). Unfortunately, my Excal is now gathering dust as my back-up machine. Happy Hunting

Sounds like you are killing it with the CT.

I'm curious what mode you use and what the numbers come up as?

I've had my CTX for 1 1/2 years now (stock coil & Coiltek 10x5), and have found 2 gold rings so far?

Are you water hunting or land?

I use a variant of Beach mode and follow the teachings of Sabisch's CTX 3030 book. 17" coil helps with the deeper stuff and my data show you also find about 9 - 11% more with 17" coil vs 11" coil. Do roughly 50/50 land/water, but find 12 of 13 gold in water or wet sand. If I have a secret it is that I (now) know where to look and can better read the Beach. Read once that a guy said he learned to read the beach in 5 minutes...didn't that me that long to recognize a fool.

I only hunt fresh water so I don't find the beach mode to be that helpful.........although maybe I'm missing something?

I would like to attend one of Andy's classes, but he never makes it to Toronto so I will just have to figure things out on my own.

Thanks for the reply.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login