Findmall.com

Minelab CTX 3030 Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: My First Silver Dollar :)
Posted by: sube
Date: January 14, 2019 01:55PM
PryorCreekJoe
Dan, Congrats on the bucket list big silver! I am in my 50 year and this one has eluded me too! Maybe this year...

Same as you Pryor creek joe 50 years no silver dollar:confused: maybe this year .Dan was wondering if the coin gave a good number both ways or was it on edge someday i'm going to dig one lol. sube

Posted by: Dan(NM)
Date: January 14, 2019 02:26PM
sube

Dan, Congrats on the bucket list big silver! I am in my 50 year and this one has eluded me too! Maybe this year...

Same as you Pryor creek joe 50 years no silver dollar:confused: maybe this year .Dan was wondering if the coin gave a good number both ways or was it on edge someday i'm going to dig one lol. sube
. It wasn't really a great sounding signal nor did I get a good lock on the target trace. The numbers came up 11-47 12-48 but it wasn't where I expected a silver dollar to read. My guess is that it was on edge, I've hit half dollars in this same park at 10" that gave a good solid hit and good vdi numbers

Posted by: RICK IN KY
Date: January 14, 2019 04:57PM
Great find Dan,you going to try to clean it
Congrats Again on a Super Find

Date: January 14, 2019 05:47PM
RICK IN KY
Great find Dan,you going to try to clean it
Congrats Again on a Super Find
. I did clean it but I wished I would have left the old gray black patina on it. Gave it a hell of a lot more character than shiny :-)

Posted by: silverseeker 2
Date: January 14, 2019 07:42PM
Congratulations Dan,
Did the Periscope help out on that find?
Just curious.
Have a Great year hunting this year...
silverseeker 2

Date: January 14, 2019 07:47PM
silverseeker 2
Congratulations Dan,
Did the Periscope help out on that find?
Just curious.
Have a Great year hunting this year...
silverseeker 2

Thank you.

No...I broke the tip on my last Periscope a couple of months ago.....I'm going old school now :)

Posted by: utahshovelhead
Date: January 14, 2019 07:55PM
Great find! Brought back memories of my first Dollar. I scraped off some leaves with my boot and there looking up at me was a, a... a big round coin looking thing, yep took a few seconds for me too.

Posted by: laplander
Date: January 15, 2019 10:04PM
Nice one indeed Dan!! I remember my first Morgan- Shut the machine off and went straight home, I don't know how you kept hunting congrats:clapping:
Jeff

Date: January 16, 2019 07:15AM
laplander
Nice one indeed Dan!! I remember my first Morgan- Shut the machine off and went straight home, I don't know how you kept hunting congrats:clapping:
Jeff

Thank you......I wanted to see if Morgan had any friends laying around :)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login