Findmall.com

Minelab CTX 3030 Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
First finds of the year
Posted by: tnvarmint
Date: January 18, 2019 07:05PM
Got out today with my new hunting partner. It was our first outing together. Hunted a local 1940s church and house. Dug a ton of trash and had a lot of iffy signals. Only spent about 2 hours on the property so we were just cherry picking the good targets. I am fairly certain that it hasn't been hunted or if it has they were extremely selective of their targets because like I said there was a ton of signals. We will eventually hit it again with a little more detail.

This was the first finds for me for the year and first silver with the CTX 3030. I have had the machine for just at a year now but haven't done any hunting because of some medical issues. I had gotten out of metal detecting for several years after selling my ETrac when I decided to purchase a CTX 3030 last year. Still getting used to the new setting on the CTX versus the ETrac but so far it isn't a huge adjustment.

Here are the finds. A 1942 Washington Quarter and a very toasted 1943 Wheat (I think).

HH
Mike

Minelab CTX-3030
Garrett Pro-Pointer AT

Oldest coin to date - 1895 Barber Dime on 14 September 2011
First silver coin - 1944D Mercury Dime on 06 April 2011

Re: First finds of the year
Date: January 18, 2019 08:30PM
For those that will pick up on it, I kinda missed something when thinking I had IDed the date on the wheat. A 1943 should have been a steel penny, although there were some coppers mistakenly minted in 1943 I do believe. These are extremely rare and valuable so I highly doubt this is what I have. If my next message comes Tahiti then you will know that I did actually find a 1943 wheat :bouncy:

HH
Mike

Minelab CTX-3030
Garrett Pro-Pointer AT

Date: January 18, 2019 08:48PM
After a little more cleaning I am fairly certain that the date is a 191? something. In the condition that it is in, I will probably never know with absolute certainty but it's the best I can do.

HH
Mike

Minelab CTX-3030
Garrett Pro-Pointer AT

Posted by: PryorCreekJoe
Date: January 19, 2019 09:47AM
Nice digs, especially the shinny! Also welcome back to this insane addiction called "metal detecting". LOL You will like the 3030 more and more each time you take her out. After two shoulder surgeries it was my best physical therapy.

Posted by: LawrencetheMDer
Date: January 20, 2019 09:09PM
Metal detecting allows one to dream for a moment and that is a good thing.
Nothing like a possibility waking ya up. And if it is a dream, there was a moment when it could have been!
And that is one main reason to detect.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login