Findmall.com

Minelab CTX 3030 Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
CTX 3030 LCD Screen
Posted by: Digger RJ
Date: January 25, 2019 06:43PM
Black vertical lines growing in My sight. I called ML about this and they said that the LCD is going out and I’ll have to have it replaced. I haven’t had it any deeper that 3’, and I take pretty good care of My investment. Yes it’s a work horse and I am to blame for that, but treated with respect. Anyhow I asked if this was due to the water, and the Rep said that it wasn’t external or internal reasons. That this just happens. I mentioned that it should be covered, but it’s out of warranty, and this thing just happens. Hmmmm.... Pretty hard to accept with that price tag. I sucked it up and sent it in today. I was told that it was $200 + $75/hr for labor. That’s brutal!! No more water with the CTX. And this machine has pulled a lot of Silver and keepers out of hunted spots for Me, and I will back that up with proof!! That’s why it’s being fixed. If it hadn’t done Me a great job it’d be in the trash. Thanks for listening. And letting Me vent. Randy

Re: CTX 3030 LCD Screen
Posted by: Dan(NM)
Date: January 25, 2019 06:51PM
I had it happen to one of my machines as well. Mine had never been in the water, that was 4 years ago and I was quoted $185 plus shipping. I've seen it on at least 8-10 machines on various forums since that time.

Posted by: mascard1
Date: January 26, 2019 08:25AM
It's the crappy LCD..They use......I had to have Two fixed ..one under warranty...one not...Also had to have the back power supply fixed..400.00( for just the power supply part)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2019 08:26AM by mascard1.

Posted by: wvrick
Date: January 26, 2019 12:08PM
All LCD's can go out, just the way it is. I've seen a few from different brands become unreadable and get lines.

Posted by: mascard1
Date: January 30, 2019 07:45AM
wvrick
All LCD's can go out, just the way it is. I've seen a few from different brands become unreadable and get lines.
Most of the time it don’t happen in Two to Three years.. like the 3030 does.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2019 07:47AM by mascard1.

Posted by: wvrick
Date: January 30, 2019 08:21AM
mascard1

Most of the time it don’t happen in Two to Three years.. like the 3030 does.

That may be so, the ones I've seen were old "new" stock after stored. They went bad on the shelf. The standard temperature range of 0°C (32f)to +50°C (122f), I'm sure they are not the extreme temperature models.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login