Findmall.com

Minelab CTX 3030 Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Cold Test Garden
Posted by: Ben Town
Date: January 30, 2019 05:29AM
Finally got into a walking boot yesterday, I’m happy.
I think I’ll put some heat tape on the CTX and play in the test garden today.
It’s only -20 and -50 wind chill but on the bright side it’s going to be 50 Sunday, almost a 80 degree differance !!
Ya gota love winters in IL , if ya don’t like the wether today wait till tomorrow it will change .
I can remember a colder spell years ago, they set the all time record low in IL , it was either -32 or-38 and wind chills below -50
Stay warm
BT

Re: Cold Test Garden
Posted by: IDXMonster
Date: January 30, 2019 06:18AM
-24 just south of Madison,WI here Ben. I’m spending some time inside working on my chest mounted Explorer2 cuz I HAVE to do something detecting related! If I don’t,I will blow up,it’s just that way...
I think we’ve seen some cold weather in the 50 years I’ve been alive but I’m not sure this cold. I’d have to check records. It sucks,I know that!

Re: Cold Test Garden
Posted by: kellogg
Date: February 02, 2019 06:20PM
IDXMonster
-24 just south of Madison,WI here Ben. I’m spending some time inside working on my chest mounted Explorer2 cuz I HAVE to do something detecting related! If I don’t,I will blow up,it’s just that way...
I think we’ve seen some cold weather in the 50 years I’ve been alive but I’m not sure this cold. I’d have to check records. It sucks,I know that!

-27 when I went to work Wed. morning here in Iowa.
I'm ready for warmer weather for sure. I've cleaned the detector and everything else, so I'm ready to go.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login