Findmall.com

DeepTech Vista Users Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: DeepTech detectors, I just don't understand
Posted by: Southwind
Date: September 12, 2013 01:30PM

surely if they`re not selling them it speaks volumes?

Well, when I look in the auto classifieds I don't see many Volkswagens for sale. Am I to take this to mean it is because people are so happy with their Volkswagens, or perhaps it is just because there are a lot fewer sold in the first place?

I'm sure for the type of hunting you do you have what you feel does the best job. Of course we all know that knowing how to use what you use is what really counts. I use the E-Trac because I dig fewer holes than with any other detector. I'm your selective recoverer remember? I go home on average with only 3-4 keepers but only dig 4-6 holes. I like a detector that tells me a lot more than just sound. I understand the value of knowing your detector of choices language, but I also realize visual aids can be just as informative to the person willing to learn it. After all, in most cases, both the sound and visual information being sent to the user comes from the same output of the circuit. In other words, there is nothing you can tell from sound you can't also see visually on a good high-end VDI machine if you know what to look for. If you have a detector with 12 target ID segments you aren't going to benefit much at all compared to say a 191 target ID segment machine. Just like knowing what to listen for. And very often there is far more visual information being sent to the user than audio. I. E. graphing with ground noise to target noise comparisons etc.

In the end it really is the user who makes the difference.

And then sometimes you just can't explain it. I have a site that was an old carnival grounds from 1914 to the early 30's. I took my DFX and hunted this good sized park and found many nice Indians, barbers, tokens and rings. Many were just at the depth ability of the DFX. Roughly 6-7". I always figured there had to be lots I missed. Over the years I have now taken my E-Trac, the Deus, the F57 SE and all my past detectors to the site, and not as much as a single penny has been found. I mean not a single solitary missed keeper.

The real treasure is in the hunt...

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2013 01:41PM by Southwind.

Posted by: planetaryjunkman
Date: September 12, 2013 04:06PM
Well I do think Volkwagen sell a lot of cars lol, but l agree with most of your reasoning, but ref audio/VDI , for instance, the Deus, l was getting a lot of signals through the headphones that just did`nt show on the meter, especially with the new V3.1 software, so had to go by audio only, they were too deep for it to make up its mind.

l`m not sure if thats true of all VDI meters, to my mind there are 2 different modes of detecting, those who like fiddling with settings and programs while on the hunt, l call these serious relic hunters, head down and plod away all day, and those, like myself, who just want to get on with it and dig, coin shooting for Roman coins and anything inbetween is a bonus.I had a Whites XLT for many years and, it was cutting edge, way ahead of its time, l found myself tweaking this, fine tuning that, wondering if l changed one setting would change another and so on, to the point it became confusing.

The only metered machine l rated was my T2, had some nice finds with it, especially in all-metal, deadly on worked out sites, definately got added depth and that meter was accurate.

Once l would have agreed with you on worked out sites, but todays technology has opened them up again, we are going deeper than days gone by.We work fields that have been abandoned by the local club, who searched them year in year out for 30 years.Some have not been detected on for a few years and, believe me, these sites are producing again.The East European machines, the Vista`s, Golden Masks etc, do the business, trust me.

l see from your stable of machines you have no Bulgarian machines, have you tried any?

Posted by: SkiWhiz
Date: September 12, 2013 06:44PM
If I was to get one of these DeepTech detectors it wouldn't be riding in a Volkwagen but would be riding in a Suzuki SX4, do you think that they would get along ok :shrug::lol:.

Posted by: sweepdog
Date: September 12, 2013 08:22PM
relic1864 has a bunch of excellent videos on all the deep tech detectors. i highly recommend checking them out.

Posted by: Sven
Date: September 14, 2013 09:20PM
SkiWhiz
If I was to get one of these DeepTech detectors it wouldn't be riding in a Volkwagen but would be riding in a Suzuki SX4, do you think that they would get along ok :shrug::lol:.

Tell us the truth now, don't be ashamed, we all know you ride a Cowasaki

Posted by: Cajundirtdobber
Date: July 26, 2018 09:42PM
Many people tell me that the disc is not the best for coin hunting, my old compass must have spoiled me

Posted by: Ziggy J
Date: July 27, 2018 07:16AM
You can’t disc out coins with a Vista so to say, you may loose small/tiny hammered silver coinage when using full disc but the disc on a vista is designed to eliminate small foil and iron only. The Vistas are primarily designed for field hunting and finding everything above iron, if you wish to pick and choose different coins then the Vistas will not be able to help, but if you wish for a powerful field hunting machine that pulls everything from the ground then the Vista are with the top machines on the market for doing so.

Posted by: Hanoverdigging
Date: August 11, 2018 10:53PM
The difference between the Tejon and a Smart Plus? I own both. Recovery speed for one. The Tejon is no match for the Vista Smart, which is blazing fast. And that's what you want in heavy iron. Smart running at 15kh and the Tejon at 17.5kh. I have the Smart Plus which is two tone with iron audio. I've gone back over sights that I have pounded with the Tejon and always dug a handful of relics.. For strictly iron infested sites the Smart is a much better machine in my opinion.

Posted by: dirthunter
Date: September 29, 2018 09:50AM
I too use both the Tejon and the Smart Plus!! I feel the Smart Plus is better. A great woods and field machine. Would never part with the Smart Plus.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login