Findmall.com

DeepTech Vista Users Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Ziggy? Vista Smart+ vs Gold Gain Vs Warrior
Posted by: Druid
Date: October 08, 2018 02:21PM
Question for Ziggy and Richard, and any others who have experience with any combination of the Vista machines listed.
I want a simple to use unit to carry along in the truck for opportunistic digs while out driving, and and 4x4'ing back country roads.
I would really appreciate your informed opinions on best Deeptech machine for mixed use, park hunting, bark chip playgrounds, forest/relic and general beep dig action.
Machine & coil combo recommendations please gentlemen.
Thanks, & HH,
Drew.

Re: Ziggy? Vista Smart+ vs Gold Gain Vs Warrior
Posted by: Ziggy J
Date: October 24, 2018 03:52PM
Allo there, a good general all rounder would be the Vista Smart +
It’s still great on finding small stuff but it’s not as twitchy as with the likes of the VG or the VGG, so for the areas you have mentioned this would be great, but it you wish for that little extra discrimination to eliminate foil then the sprite will give you that extra cover when your disc is past the 12 o’clock mark and with the coke button pressed, but either way these machines will be fine for your needs providing you don’t want to disc out more, but go too far with disc on any machines you’ll be losing nice items.

Date: October 25, 2018 11:08PM
Too right Ziggy.
I will be using my original VG for the backwoods here, relics, and old gold mining areas and ghost town sites.
I currently have a number of machines that are suitable for manicured sites where one doesn't want to be digging numerous holes.
What I will be waiting and watching for is a new Deeptech North America Edition with an extended disc range suitable for parks, etc.
If they can put in a simple three tone audio ID, (low, medium, and high tones), and a true non-motion pinpoint, (no auto-tune!) so it can be used for sizing, and tracing a targets profile then I am in for sure, (and I expect I will have a lot of company).
Cheers,
Drew.

Posted by: Dancer
Date: November 20, 2018 05:25AM
Druid
Too right Ziggy.
I will be using my original VG for the backwoods here, relics, and old gold mining areas and ghost town sites.
I currently have a number of machines that are suitable for manicured sites where one doesn't want to be digging numerous holes.
What I will be waiting and watching for is a new Deeptech North America Edition with an extended disc range suitable for parks, etc.
If they can put in a simple three tone audio ID, (low, medium, and high tones), and a true non-motion pinpoint, (no auto-tune!) so it can be used for sizing, and tracing a targets profile then I am in for sure, (and I expect I will have a lot of company).
Cheers,
Drew.

A Deep Tech with those tweeks for North America would certainly be looked at real hard.

Posted by: Sven
Date: November 24, 2018 07:50AM
Tesoro didn't listen to Keith Southerns valid suggestions regarding improving the Tejon that would turn it into a supreme machine, where are they now.........................

Americans are offering to boost DT's acceptance and boost customer base with a machine that fits their needs. Nokta/Makro saw the opportunity.

Here's DT's chance.

A big plus would be a smaller control box.

Like Drew said, 2-3 tone, non-motion pinpoint, with movable break point like the Gold, clear crisp definable audio and expanded disc range-up to or past US nickel would be a plus.

Nokta/Makro Anfibio-Multi, Makro Multi-Kruzer, and few others
Self built Mirage Pi's --- they work great in trashy areas!!

Posted by: Frank in NH
Date: November 24, 2018 09:31AM
Date: November 24, 2018 08:43PM
Yes Please!
(I want to be able knock out up to zinc for some sites, better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it)
You can always drop your disc, but you can't add to it.
JMHO.

Date: December 03, 2018 10:51AM
Everything is being listened to folks :thumbup:

Date: December 04, 2018 09:17PM
Awesome news Ziggy.
OK, Here's another wish list item:

CONCENTRIC COILS

5 & 8" (please Santa!).

Posted by: RG-DeepTech
Date: December 05, 2018 10:56AM
:) Santa is asking - for what units 5&8 concentric coils ? :)

Date: December 05, 2018 05:43PM
Any machine with expanded discrimination Santa, these two, (expanded disc & concentric coils), go hand in hand for many sites.
Also adds versatility, hunt with DD, then hunt again with concentric.
Horses for courses right Ziggy.
Oh, and I have been good this year.:please:

Posted by: RG-DeepTech
Date: December 06, 2018 01:05AM
Date: December 06, 2018 03:31AM
Indeed horses for courses and lets hope all these letters reach Lapland :lol:

Date: December 06, 2018 04:19PM
Mine is in the mail Ziggy.:beers:

Date: December 07, 2018 01:04AM
Druid
Mine is in the mail Ziggy.:beers:
:spin:

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login