Findmall.com

DeepTech Vista Users Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
How many besides me want a Vista that discriminates up to knocking out zinc pennies?
Posted by: Druid
Date: November 15, 2018 12:46PM
I have been in touch with Deeptech regarding them producing a "North American" edition like the Sprite UK version but built for our hunting conditions.
Disc that goes from all metal accept to knocking out zinc.
Anybody else want one?
If so lets let them know.
Cheers,
Drew.

Re: How many besides me want a Vista that discriminates up to knocking out zinc pennies?
Posted by: Diggerinva
Date: November 15, 2018 09:15PM
That would be fine I guess for the coin shooter. But most coin hunters prefer a machine with a screen to more accurately ID coins. For most relic hunters like myself, I very seldom run my disc up past foil for fear of losing a great low conductive relic. Sometimes I may run my Tejon up closer to nickel if alot of trash is present. I really would like to try out one of the vista gold gains. Think it could be a great fit for me and my style of hunting.

Re: How many besides me want a Vista that discriminates up to knocking out zinc pennies?
Date: November 15, 2018 10:54PM
I hear ya digger,
if you had a unit with a larger disc range you can still leave it low at any point of the scale for relic hunting, and retain the option to fine tune if you happen upon a site such as a private yard permission where you can't dig everything. Nice to have the option to choose what you want to disc out; want to dig it all? Pulse induction rules.
Just takes a great machine and makes it more versatile. Check out beep and dig forum, lot's of love for audio only machines, and lot's of hunting scenarios to cover.
Cheers,
Drew.

Posted by: Diggerinva
Date: November 16, 2018 12:24PM
I wonder why deeptech machines only disc up to foil...? Does this some how in the design of these machines, make them deeper by having a lower discing ability?

Date: November 16, 2018 07:32PM
I expect it is because the original design brief was for a machine for use on European sites where, due to the long history of human occupation/activity they dig everything above iron as good finds are all over the scale.
Don't know if it would have an effect on depth of detection, some machines lose depth others don't seem to.
Cheers,
Drew.

Posted by: dirthunter
Date: November 17, 2018 08:21AM
A North American version would be great!! I believe it would be a great sell.

Date: November 17, 2018 09:56AM
If Tesoro truly is done I think a lot of the faithful would try one of the Deeptech machines if they had a wider disc range, it would certainly increase their versatility.
Cheers,
Drew.

Posted by: Sven
Date: November 17, 2018 05:05PM
Guess DT doesn't have a large customer base in N. America to warrant another new detector specifically for US treasure hunters with expanded disc range.
Maybe if they did make such a detector, popularity of DT would increase and many more would take another look at DT's.
One factor would be price, in line with what current Tesoro owners are willing to pay. $500 for a beep and dig.

Nokta/Makro Anfibio-Multi, Makro Multi-Kruzer, and few others
Self built Mirage Pi's --- they work great in trashy areas!!

Posted by: Dancer
Date: November 18, 2018 04:44AM
Sven
Guess DT doesn't have a large customer base in N. America to warrant another new detector specifically for US treasure hunters with expanded disc range.
Maybe if they did make such a detector, popularity of DT would increase and many more would take another look at DT's.
One factor would be price, in line with what current Tesoro owners are willing to pay. $500 for a beep and dig.

Sven. I've been poking around the Deep Tech forum. Getting a hang for what their built for. Right now I'm not seeing their price in American currency.
I'm probably missing it somewhere, maybe you could steer me onto it.

Date: November 18, 2018 08:07AM
Contact Backwoods, Findmall Sponsor https://www.backwoodsmetaldetectors.com/product-category/new-metal-detectors/deep-tech/

Posted by: dirthunter
Date: November 19, 2018 12:06PM
Yep....Get in touch with Richard at Backwoods detectors!! He's the man to talk to about DeepTech machines! I bought a used Smart+ off him a while back. He can help you.

Posted by: Dancer
Date: November 24, 2018 04:42AM
Richard fm Backwoods, is a good man. I contacted him about a DT for my hunting needs. (Park hunting) He has a good deal on a Warrior. But he sensed it wasn't the machine for my needs. Didn't push it. But I let him know, if DT comes up with that one were waiting on, let me know. I'll say right now that David Ogle , another sponsor, is a goodin also.

Date: November 24, 2018 08:46PM
Keep your fingers crossed.
Deeptech is listening!:crylol:

Date: November 25, 2018 09:28AM
Good work Drew, follow up as per my email back to you.
I would love to see DT take a step forward in the right direction.
And put another DT in my arsenal. Need a excuse to get another DT.
:twodetecting:

Posted by: earthlypotluck
Date: December 01, 2018 03:41PM
I would definitely take a hard look at the VG IF they had something like one tone for each TID that would be sweet!!! (ex. 0-50 or 0 -100) I love my multi-tones. :smile: I wouldn't even be concerned with higher discrimination if they had these two other features. I would also like to see an Auto GB feature too. Am I asking for too much? :rofl:

Fear is paralyzing and courage is liberating. No matter what is put in front of you, there is always a way to make it work.

Dreams are just dreams, goals are dreams with deadlines. The desire to succeed comes from within. Stay focused on your goals, and if people say that you can’t do something, get them out of your life and move on.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login