Findmall.com

Today's Finds Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Schools rock!
Posted by: zombiemax
Date: December 02, 2017 02:48PM
Hello all.. Hit another local school this morning. Found two rings, one a junker and the other has the Parthenon on it and is marked 800. Also found a stainless steel bracelet. The flying eagle coin is from my last outing, can't make a year for anything. Mx sport is right on with all my finds.

Gook luck everyone!

Re: Schools rock!
Posted by: Explorer.se
Date: December 02, 2017 03:16PM
Nice finds makes me want to get out and find something!

Posted by: BillF
Date: December 02, 2017 05:33PM
If your really curious about the date, take some 400 grit sandpaper paper to it just to take the crud off. Lightly or you could take the numbers off too. It's pretty worthless as it is so it's just for your curiosity.
I have an 1858 that looks like someone used it as a washer or something. It was kind of squished in the center and unrecognizable but, lying there with my coins from the day, I kept picking it back up because it was the right size and thickness. When I took the 400 grit to it, things started coming to the surface. Too bad my one and only flying eagle in 45 years was in such bad shape, but I keep it anyway, it means something to me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2017 05:39PM by BillF.

Very nice finds, zombiemax!N/T
Posted by: Tony (Michigan)
Date: December 03, 2017 02:39PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Posted by: wyohunter99
Date: December 03, 2017 05:01PM
Awesome finds!

Posted by: bootyhoundpa
Date: December 03, 2017 05:48PM
Cool finds...the flying eagle looks to have a fair amout of detail under the crust... might be a good candidate for a 5 minute electrolysis treatment..

Posted by: kschae4
Date: December 05, 2017 05:49AM
Congrats on the fleagle...I agree with Booty's comment above...

Minelab Safari/BH Land Star/ Garrett Pro-Pointer
"Cause down the shore everything's all right"
Oldest identifiable coin- 1775 King George lll half penny
Most bizarre find: http://www.findmall.com/read.php?3,1835200,1835200#msg-1835200

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login