Findmall.com

Today's Finds Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
First great silver hunt of the year!!
Posted by: Mkus
Date: January 13, 2018 06:12PM
Well headed out with a friend today after a massive rain storm to help with the thaw out,
The grounds been frozen solid since around Christmas so it’s been only beach hunting.
Well this small baseball field built in 1954 was slow to start I like to bounce around a lot in new spots to find the most
Productive spots and my intuition was right as soon as I headed towards the beach end I hit a 1954,Rosie
Then the silver kept coming mercs another Rosie one 1918 merc and then a spill 6 wheats 1 Indian
And a buffalo! And 16 wheats
Wow could this afternoon get any better??? Yep popped a sterling ring! A few dollars in clad then I had a solid
96-97 on Deus I kept saying there had to be some silver quarters around?? A early Standing liberty no date
I hit it with shovel ground was solid in this spot I guess it’s better than not finding it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2018 06:25PM by Mkus.

Re Terrific, congratulations on that new spot!N/T
Posted by: BigTony
Date: January 14, 2018 08:48AM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Re: First great silver hunt of the year!!
Posted by: doc holiday232
Date: January 14, 2018 04:42PM
Great finds and report.

Posted by: Rich (Utah)
Date: January 26, 2018 09:50PM
That's a stellar day in my book. Well done.

Rich -

. . . . enjoying the vistas and horizons of the Old West.

Posted by: zombiemax
Date: January 28, 2018 06:07AM
Way to go....Great start. I wish every outing was that productive!

Date: January 29, 2018 07:03AM
Thanks it’s nice when a spot pans out have to go back when the ground thaws out a bit lots of good high tones!!!

Posted by: cz70pro
Date: January 29, 2018 08:22PM
Seven silver in one hunt is pretty killer. Nice job Mkus.

Posted by: E-Trac-Ohio
Date: January 30, 2018 06:26AM
Now that's what you call a great day - congrats ! :beers:

XP Deus * 9" Coil * Vance / Killer B Hybrid Headphones
Minelab E-Trac * 5" - 4.5" x 7" - Stealth X-8 Coils * Killer B + Gray Ghost Headphones

1724 - K.G. Half Penny * 1736 - K.G. Half Penny * 1783 - Half Real
1817 - Large Cent * 1829 - Capped Bust Dime * 1837 - Capped Bust Half Dime * 1852 - Three Cent * 1857 - Flying Eagle Cent * 1865 - Two Cent * 1877 - Seated Quarter

Posted by: earthlypotluck
Date: January 30, 2018 06:44AM
I am with Rich(Utah) that is a stellar day of hunting. Finding that many silvers in a hunt are becoming rare but it seems you found an untouched area. If it has been hunted before, those poor souls forgot to turn on their detector.

Fear is paralyzing and courage is liberating. No matter what is put in front of you, there is always a way to make it work.

Dreams are just dreams, goals are dreams with deadlines. The desire to succeed comes from within. Stay focused on your goals, and if people say that you can’t do something, get them out of your life and move on.

Date: January 30, 2018 07:06AM
earthlypotluck
I am with Rich(Utah) that is a stellar day of hunting. Finding that many silvers in a hunt are becoming rare but it seems you found an untouched area. If it has been hunted before, those poor souls forgot to turn on their detector.
LOL your right I hunt beach communities in the winter "off season" drive down local beaches along the coastal state I'm in and it pays off big time sometimes that was a 3 hour hunt in the afternoon days are short so I have to hit them while its still light out..

Posted by: KingMidas
Date: February 04, 2018 07:24PM
Id say that was a nice start for the uear!

Posted by: bootyhoundpa
Date: February 04, 2018 07:31PM
Great hunt..

Posted by: Guess It Was Fate
Date: February 07, 2018 09:56AM
I can truly sympathize with only being able to beach detect due to frozen ground. Conditions are the same where I live too.:( You certainly made up for it with this FANTASTIC HUNT. :clapping: Great job and Happy Hunting

Guess It Was Fate Metal Detecting

Come Join Me On My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Jps3bs

Detectors Used: Minelab CTX3030
Nokta Impact

Posted by: kschae4
Date: February 07, 2018 05:45PM
Outstanding hunt, Mark. To help determine the year ...
Check the reverse to see if it's type I or type II.....http://www.coinfacts.com/quarter_dollars/standing_liberty_quarters/standing_liberty_quarter_dolla.html

Minelab Safari/BH Land Star/ Garrett Pro-Pointer
"Cause down the shore everything's all right"
Oldest identifiable coin- 1775 King George lll half penny
Most bizarre find: http://www.findmall.com/read.php?3,1835200,1835200#msg-1835200

Date: February 08, 2018 06:37AM
kschae4
Outstanding hunt, Mark. To help determine the year ...
Check the reverse to see if it's type I or type II.....http://www.coinfacts.com/quarter_dollars/standing_liberty_quarters/standing_liberty_quarter_dolla.html
Thanks will do its my second standing this year the last one was a 1925 which I could only make out the last two numbers

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login