Findmall.com

Today's Finds Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: A good day at an old house
Posted by: Rich (Utah)
Date: February 21, 2018 09:43PM
UTDigger
Thanks for the comments, everyone! I agree that it was one of my best days ever.

Blind Squirrel asked about mint marks. The 1910 Barber half dollar, both buffalos, and both 1926 wheats are S. The mercs are both D. The V nickels have mint marks, but I can't make them out. I think all Shield nickels were minted in Philadelphia, so they have no mint marks. Mine is worn so smooth that I could never pick it up if it had one.

I called it a trifecta, but I actually found four types of nickels in one hunt: Jefferson, Buffalo, Liberty, and Shield. Is there a word for that?

I live in Utah. The railroad didn't get here until 1869, so finding old coins is a treat. MattBullSummerville, I live in Utah County. There are still a few old houses, 100 years old plus, in most of the old cities in Utah and Idaho. Good luck with your move.

Happy hunting!

Congrats on some great finds.

Rich (Utah)

Posted by: CZconnoisseur
Date: March 06, 2018 05:23PM
Wow - killer day for sure! Congrats on the nickel "grand slam" that's not too easy to pull off anymore!

Posted by: Mkus
Date: March 07, 2018 06:18AM
Sweet finds man

Posted by: Sataro
Date: March 09, 2018 02:13PM
Congrats on some great finds!

Makro Multi Kruzer | Tesoro Cibola | Lesche Digger | Garrett Pro-Pointer | Deteknix Xpointer

Posted by: Explorer.se
Date: March 11, 2018 12:37PM
Great finds what machine did you use?

Posted by: kansas_jayhawks
Date: March 11, 2018 10:59PM
UTDigger
I got permission to detect an old house that was built in 1899, and I bagged three bucket list items! I snagged my first Barber half, my first V nickels, and my first shield nickel. Since I also found some Jefferson nickels, I guess this counts as my first trifecta. As a bonus, I also got a 5.3 gram 14K white gold ring.

I got:
1910 Barber half dollar
1919 and 1925 Mercury dimes
2 1829 wheat pennies
1923 and 1937 Buffalo nickels
1899 and 1906 V nickels
187? Shield nickel

Happy hunting!

I would be happy just to find one of those coins ... congrats

If you died today are you prepared for where you will find yourself tomorrow?

Posted by: Sataro
Date: March 13, 2018 10:32AM
Congrats on the very nice finds! That sounds like a very fun hunt you had...

Makro Multi Kruzer | Tesoro Cibola | Lesche Digger | Garrett Pro-Pointer | Deteknix Xpointer

Posted by: 407floyd
Date: March 13, 2018 08:34PM
If your V nickels have mint marks, then we'll be reading about the international auction where they sold for 7 figures apiece.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login