Findmall.com

Today's Finds Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Sweet Barber quarter and other silvers!!!
Posted by: Mkus
Date: February 24, 2018 04:24PM
I hunted the same school again 1921 I had found s Franklin half at Monday so I started on a new curb strip and first great signal on the Deus was a 1916 Barber quarter then a silver 1953 Rosie I was thrilled.
The clad was mixed in heavy about $7.00 worth and we decided to hit the green got all the jewelry there and a sweet button overall very good hunt until the rain came

Re: Sweet Barber quarter and other silvers!!!
Posted by: Wrightdigger
Date: February 24, 2018 05:36PM
That looks like a fun day! In that third pic, the one with the red background, what is that? Is it like some sort of marksman pin?

Congratulations on your finds. Looks like you have a good hunting spot. :thumbup:

Posted by: timwied
Date: February 24, 2018 05:48PM
Wrightdigger
That looks like a fun day! In that third pic, the one with the red background, what is that? Is it like some sort of marksman pin?

Congratulations on your finds. Looks like you have a good hunting spot. :thumbup:

Its a military rifleman's badge, my dad has one from Korean War. Very Cool Finds!!!

Fisher F4, Garrett Pro Pinpointer Pro AT,Started Detecting December 31, 2013, Oldest 2014 - 1861 Seated Liberty Dime. 2015: 1863 & 1864 Indian Head Cents, 1 foot apart. 2016: 1700's Chinese Cash Coin & Fatty, no date, 1860-1864 Indian Head Cent, Two 52 caliber ringtail sharps Confederate Bullets, and 4 pistol balls in the same hole. Two Union Bullets, one is 58 caliber Williams Cleaner. 2017: 1863 Indian Head Cent, U.S. Civil War Waist Plate (Buckle), Sterling U.S. Collar Pin.

Date: February 24, 2018 05:53PM
Thanks I was wondering what that pin was we met a cop he drove out on the green we were hunting I thought he was going to tell us to get off but he told us a bunch of history on the green and George Washington stayed in a house right across from the green!
The green dates back to 1775 so the button was a cool find ..

Posted by: Wrightdigger
Date: February 24, 2018 06:17PM
Thank you, timwied. I'm glad I asked.

Mkus, I changed my mind. You have an awesome hunting spot!

12 My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. 13 Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. 14 You are my friends if you do what I command. 15 I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you.

John 15:12-15 NIV

Please pray for the Walleyes for Wounded Heroes event that is coming up.

Date: February 24, 2018 07:11PM
Thanks It’s a huge town green just started hunting it today guy said people hunt it all the time but like we say “never hunted out”!
I literally stepped onto the curbs trip and the first signal was the 1916 Barbra

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2018 07:13PM by Mkus.

Posted by: Blind Squirrel
Date: February 25, 2018 01:09AM
Excellent finds Mkus! The badge, with the rifle, is a miniature U.S. Army Combat Infantry Badge. It was worn on the mess uniform or on civilian cloths. That is your find of the day - they are seldom lost. Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Posted by: dumbdigger
Date: March 02, 2018 12:45PM
Awesome finds! I will never forget my one and only Barber quarter. Only 3 inches down!
DD

Posted by: Sataro
Date: March 03, 2018 04:08AM
Congrats on some very nice finds!!!

Makro Multi Kruzer | Tesoro Cibola | Lesche Digger | Garrett Pro-Pointer | Deteknix Xpointer

Date: March 03, 2018 12:30PM
Thanks guys went back to the old green for more finds this Time diamonds same hole will post pics in a bit!!!!

Posted by: TN HUNTER
Date: March 20, 2018 10:15AM
I HAVE FOUND LOTS OF COINS SEATED , BUST LARGE CENTS ETC. but HAVEN"T FOUND A BARBER YET. I will get one.

Date: March 20, 2018 10:59AM
TN HUNTER
I HAVE FOUND LOTS OF COINS SEATED , BUST LARGE CENTS ETC. but HAVEN"T FOUND A BARBER YET. I will get one.
Crazy I’ve only found one seated dime and find a lot of Barbra’s lol two this month!
Never found a bust coin either but found my first gold coin last year !so you never know.

Posted by: Sooper Dave
Date: March 20, 2018 01:22PM
Love digging Barber quarters, that's a beauty! Congrats!

Posted by: 407floyd
Date: March 20, 2018 06:27PM
1775, wow! That explains the flat button. How did all those other detectorists miss the silver? Not knowing every nuance of your machine and not knowing where to look. Good job.

Posted by: kschae4
Date: March 23, 2018 05:40AM
Great finds, Mkus. You've been killing it. Keep on posting.

Minelab Safari/BH Land Star/ Garrett Pro-Pointer
"Cause down the shore everything's all right"
Oldest identifiable coin- 1775 King George lll half penny
Most bizarre find: http://www.findmall.com/read.php?3,1835200,1835200#msg-1835200

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login