Findmall.com

Today's Finds Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Epic Two Hunts At A New Spot Lands Me A Pile Of Silver, Walker And A Largie!
Posted by: Sooper Dave
Date: April 14, 2018 11:12PM
I was looking for Civil War spots on the maps when I stumbled on a spot that was perfect for some coin shooting. I went to try it out Wednesday evening and it did not disappoint with Mercs and Washingtons. I found 8 silver coins in about 4 hours that night. I was looking forward to getting back there and was able to hunt it for a couple more hours Friday. My very first signal sounded like a silver quarter on the Etrac but out popped a coin that looked more like a clad quarter. I was surprised when I picked it up to see it was a thick green coin and I wet it enough to see the little details left of a worn large cent! I haven't dug a Largie in a long time. I went back to digging and got three more silver dimes and a nice sterling ring. The whole time I was thinking there is a good chance of finding a silver half here. Well as luck would have it right at dark, I got a screaming 3-46 signal and I knew for sure it would be big silver. Cut the plug and pulled out a nice Walker! I did get a couple of nice dropped CW bullets but it was a lot of fun digging all this silver! Had rain here all day so it was good to clean everything up and do a little more research. HH-David

Re: Epic Two Hunts At A New Spot Lands Me A Pile Of Silver, Walker And A Largie!
Posted by: timwied
Date: April 15, 2018 09:37AM
WOW! I wish I could find a spot like that!!! What's the 1869/1877 coin in the lower right corner of the pic?

Fisher F4, Garrett Pro Pinpointer Pro AT,Started Detecting December 31, 2013, Oldest 2014 - 1861 Seated Liberty Dime. 2015: 1863 & 1864 Indian Head Cents, 1 foot apart. 2016: 1700's Chinese Cash Coin & Fatty, no date, 1860-1864 Indian Head Cent, Two 52 caliber ringtail sharps Confederate Bullets, and 4 pistol balls in the same hole. Two Union Bullets, one is 58 caliber Williams Cleaner. 2017: 1863 Indian Head Cent, U.S. Civil War Waist Plate (Buckle), Sterling U.S. Collar Pin.

Re: Epic Two Hunts At A New Spot Lands Me A Pile Of Silver, Walker And A Largie!
Posted by: doc holiday232
Date: April 15, 2018 11:02AM
Wow, that Walker is my birthyear---so IF you want to send it to me I'll pay the postage.LOL---Continued good luck to you.

Posted by: earthlypotluck
Date: April 15, 2018 02:42PM
That is what I called "sooper" stumbling! Congratulations on a boatload of goodies!!

Fear is paralyzing and courage is liberating. No matter what is put in front of you, there is always a way to make it work.

Dreams are just dreams, goals are dreams with deadlines. The desire to succeed comes from within. Stay focused on your goals, and if people say that you can’t do something, get them out of your life and move on.

Date: April 15, 2018 07:17PM
timwied
WOW! I wish I could find a spot like that!!! What's the 1869/1877 coin in the lower right corner of the pic?

Thanks timwied! That's a Shell Gas president token from the 50's or 60's. It's aluminium

Date: April 15, 2018 07:18PM
doc holiday232
Wow, that Walker is my birthyear---so IF you want to send it to me I'll pay the postage.LOL---Continued good luck to you.

HA! Thanks Doc! Good luck to you as well!

Date: April 15, 2018 07:19PM
earthlypotluck
That is what I called "sooper" stumbling! Congratulations on a boatload of goodies!!

Thanks man! Every now and then I luck up on a good spot. Most of the times I'm 40 years too late...

Posted by: mcb613
Date: April 15, 2018 08:31PM
Sooper Dave, what a great hunt you had!
Thought for a min that it might be a boy scout camp.
Gotta watch the names on those tags, might hint to alocation...
Good spots are hard to find, so id protect that one!

Good luck on next hunts!

Date: April 15, 2018 09:21PM
mcb613
Sooper Dave, what a great hunt you had!
Thought for a min that it might be a boy scout camp.
Gotta watch the names on those tags, might hint to alocation...
Good spots are hard to find, so id protect that one!

Good luck on next hunts!

Thanks man! Yeah I’m pretty protective of what info I give away. The one tag you can read is about 800 miles from me so it would be hard to pinpoint my spot. I thought it was cool to be so far from it’s home.

Posted by: Mkus
Date: April 15, 2018 10:36PM
Nice finds man I love when you can just tell there should be a silver half in the mix!
It happend at my last two permissions!

Posted by: E-Trac-Ohio
Date: April 16, 2018 06:45AM
Congrats on another killer bunch of finds Dave !
Here's proof again of how research and hard work can really pay off !

XP Deus * 9" LF Coil * Vance / Killer B Hybrid Headphones
Minelab E-Trac * 5" - 4.5" x 7" - Stealth X-8 Coils * Killer B + Gray Ghost Headphones

1724 - K.G. Half Penny * 1736 - K.G. Half Penny * 1783 - Half Real
1817 - Large Cent * 1829 - Capped Bust Dime * 1837 - Capped Bust Half Dime * 1852 - Three Cent * 1857 - Flying Eagle Cent * 1865 - Two Cent * 1877 - Seated Quarter

Posted by: mcb613
Date: April 16, 2018 07:24AM
Dave, can you say what kind of site it was?
Always nice to hear others approach to permission or process of identifying new sites.

Date: April 16, 2018 08:31AM
Mkus
Nice finds man I love when you can just tell there should be a silver half in the mix!
It happend at my last two permissions!

Thanks! Yeah sometimes you just get that feeling

Date: April 16, 2018 08:32AM
E-Trac-Ohio
Congrats on another killer bunch of finds Dave !
Here's proof again of how research and hard work can really pay off !

Thanks Mark! Yeah research is huge to finding new places.

Date: April 16, 2018 08:36AM
mcb613
Dave, can you say what kind of site it was?
Always nice to hear others approach to permission or process of identifying new sites.

This place had houses built in the early 50's and have been torn down recently. Now it's just open green space for public use. I just went down as many of the old front yards as I could.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login