Findmall.com

Today's Finds Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: two bucket listers in the same hole
Posted by: oldmoney
Date: February 25, 2019 03:16PM
BillF, That's a very good question. When I pulled out the coins I wanted to see what numbers they would produce individually on the screen. The Morgan came in at 01- 41..I use an E-Trac by the way. This is a number that is also normally discriminated out on the program that I usually run- not anymore I assure you. I got to thinking this weekend.. What other silver coins are disc'ed out on that program. So I did an air test on the 1902 Morgan and on a 2015 walking liberty. The Morgan came in at 01-41 as I have already stated and the Walking liberty came up as 01-37, The gold coin from 1881 came in at 01-30. I found it interesting that the Morgan came in more like a silver coin than the Silver coin that is supposed to be .999% pure silver , where as the Morgan is 90% silver.... if I'm not mistaken. (I hope that read the way i meant it to). I hope this answers your question. Happy Hunting everybody... can't wait for spring ....under about 15" of snow here.

Posted by: Confetrit
Date: February 25, 2019 06:14PM
Fantastic find of the silver and gold coins. Well Done.

Posted by: laplander
Date: February 25, 2019 07:33PM
Double down Old Money Congratulations !!
Jeff

Posted by: MattBullSummerville
Date: February 25, 2019 10:40PM
So an Oldmonkey can learn a new trip too! Great day and great find there.

Posted by: Sataro
Date: February 27, 2019 12:33PM
Congrats on two amazing finds!!!

XP Deus |Anfibio Multi | Tesoro Cibola | Lesche Digger | Garrett Pro-Pointer | Deteknix Xpointer

Posted by: ND Digger
Date: February 27, 2019 04:41PM
Congrats! That is what detecting dreams are all about!

Posted by: LawrencetheMDer
Date: March 02, 2019 08:15AM
Good deeds sometimes get rewarded. Was hunting for a young man's wedding ring at Clearwater Beach fl, when I found another silver ring...did eventually find the young man's gold wedding ring in 5 ft water. His was one of my favorite finds; hope you keep looking for the woman's ring.

Posted by: pmhoover
Date: March 02, 2019 10:17PM
Nice job! It's those type of finds that keep you going! Even better that you found it because you were doing a good deed.

Posted by: timwied
Date: March 08, 2019 08:47PM
A year ago in February, I was hunting a spot that I'd hunted many times. I went about 10 feet farther out and in 5 minutes, found my first Morgan! 1893! 5 feet farther and out popped a 1900 Quarter! 10 feet farther and out popped a 1901 Dime! Hunted for 2 more hours and didn't find anything except a few trash digs. Never found the GOLD though! Congrats on DoubleBucket Lister!!!

Fisher F4, Garrett Pro Pinpointer Pro AT,Started Detecting December 31, 2013, Oldest 2014 - 1861 Seated Liberty Dime. 2015: 1863 & 1864 Indian Head Cents, 1 foot apart. 2016: 1700's Chinese Cash Coin & Fatty, no date, 1860-1864 Indian Head Cent, Two 52 caliber ringtail sharps Confederate Bullets, and 4 pistol balls in the same hole. Two Union Bullets, one is 58 caliber Williams Cleaner. 2017: 1863 Indian Head Cent, U.S. Civil War Waist Plate (Buckle), Sterling U.S. Collar Pin.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login