Findmall.com

Today's Finds Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Memorial Day weekend finds. Seated!
Posted by: 407floyd
Date: May 28, 2018 09:04PM
It's already hot out there folks! Got a few hours in at a couple of spots. The 1888 Seated dime was so crusted over with sand that I could only tell that it was very thin, therefore, at least a Barber. Electrolysis helped. Still some crud on the reverse that refuses to bare the mint mark. The silver spoon is pretty cool, being made in New Orleans. The wedding band under the spoon says 14K, but it was obviously plated. What a shame for whoever spent money on it. The glass lid was poking out of the dirt. I searched patents for that date and Piston Water Meter was the only thing that seemed likely. I think you peer through the glass to see the meter reading. In the right side pic, there's a sterling ring with a tiny hole where the setting would have been. Weird. Check out the tiny row boat under the rings. It's very detailed and might have been a lifeboat from a model. The ID bracelet was just laying on the ground. It's stainless steel, so I wouldn't have found it if it had been buried. I'll try to send it back to the owner.To all who have served or are serving, thank you for your sacrifice.

Re: Memorial Day weekend finds. Seated!
Posted by: Ytcoinshooter
Date: May 29, 2018 07:04AM
Nice haul!

Posted by: hunt2day
Date: May 29, 2018 08:15AM
That's what I would call a good day !!

HUNT2DAY

Minelab Equinox 600
Minelab Explorer 2
Tesoro Sand Shark
Tesoro Silver Umax
Garrett Ground Hog (oldie but goodie)
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Pro Pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Garrett Ace 250

Posted by: earthlypotluck
Date: May 29, 2018 02:50PM
Very nice hunt with a bunch of great finds!

Fear is paralyzing and courage is liberating. No matter what is put in front of you, there is always a way to make it work.

Dreams are just dreams, goals are dreams with deadlines. The desire to succeed comes from within. Stay focused on your goals, and if people say that you can’t do something, get them out of your life and move on.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login