Findmall.com

Today's Finds Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
A few goodies from two old properties..
Posted by: Mkus
Date: June 01, 2018 08:27AM
I hit a 1690 house in town oddly no silver yet! But scored a king George and killer button and some older artifacts...

Re: A few goodies from two old properties..
Posted by: bootyhoundpa
Date: June 01, 2018 04:31PM
Cool old stuff. .

Posted by: E-Trac-Ohio
Date: June 02, 2018 05:56AM
A great hunt - congrats !

XP Deus * 9" LF Coil * Vance / Killer B Hybrid Headphones
Minelab E-Trac * 5" - 4.5" x 7" - Stealth X-8 Coils * Killer B + Gray Ghost Headphones

1724 - K.G. Half Penny * 1736 - K.G. Half Penny * 1783 - Half Real
1817 - Large Cent * 1829 - Capped Bust Dime * 1837 - Capped Bust Half Dime * 1852 - Three Cent * 1857 - Flying Eagle Cent * 1865 - Two Cent * 1877 - Seated Quarter

Date: June 02, 2018 02:14PM
Close up of really neat button any idea of date of this type?

Posted by: bootyhoundpa
Date: June 04, 2018 07:52PM
Found these 2 simular ones in a field that yeilded coins from king george ll era up till 1820s......

Posted by: Ytcoinshooter
Date: June 04, 2018 08:32PM
Mkus

Hey Mkus - Nice button. I'll be very general here. Use of one piece buttons like yours span anywhere from the mid 1700's to approx 1820's. Metal buttons were a commodity and were used and reused, useful items weren't discarded until they could no longer be of service. So commonly referred to as colonial flatties. Bigger ones with nice designs and gilt we often refer to as a Dandies. You are going to dig a slew of them hunting old sites in CT. Keep an eye out for the prized GW inaugural varieties. Military buttons can turn up and are prized.
I see you registered a year ago and I don't know how long you've been detecting but there's tons of help and info here on finds forum. If you are into knowing more about colonial finds you can message me and I'll send you info about our club in CT. We have some really astute, knowledge members in that area.
HH - Bruce

Date: June 05, 2018 07:03AM
bootyhoundpa
Found these 2 simular ones in a field that yeilded coins from king george ll era up till 1820s......
Nice buttons I’ve never found one this shape oval

Date: June 05, 2018 07:06AM
Ytcoinshooter

Hey Mkus - Nice button. I'll be very general here. Use of one piece buttons like yours span anywhere from the mid 1700's to approx 1820's. Metal buttons were a commodity and were used and reused, useful items weren't discarded until they could no longer be of service. So commonly referred to as colonial flatties. Bigger ones with nice designs and gilt we often refer to as a Dandies. You are going to dig a slew of them hunting old sites in CT. Keep an eye out for the prized GW inaugural varieties. Military buttons can turn up and are prized.
I see you registered a year ago and I don't know how long you've been detecting but there's tons of help and info here on finds forum. If you are into knowing more about colonial finds you can message me and I'll send you info about our club in CT. We have some really astute, knowledge members in that area.
HH - Bruce
Thanks Bruce
I was hoping to see a GW on this one lol it was at night when I dug it and apparently George Washington stayed not more than a mile front m this house which is dated 1690...

Posted by: Foreverteachable
Date: June 10, 2018 06:23PM
Wooooooooohoooooo! Love the old stuff!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login