Findmall.com

Today's Finds Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
1827 largie
Posted by: Mkus
Date: June 03, 2018 07:21PM
I really like hunting along old rivers you just never know what will turn up!
Today was a two hour late day hunt started off first coin was a dateless buffalo
Then a small military button then we moved closer to the Ct river and I hit a 1827 large cent
Then another old button with shank then a 1946 Rosie and the last good signal a small
Cuff button not a bad afternoon all using the Deus on Deus fast

Re: 1827 largie
Posted by: always diggin 2
Date: June 03, 2018 07:28PM
wow! congrats awesome hunt.

Started detecting Oct 2010 w/Tracker 4; March 2011 upgraded to F2; Compadre; Leashe; Makro PP; F44

Posted by: Foreverteachable
Date: June 03, 2018 08:44PM
Wooooooooohoooooo awesome!

Posted by: Ytcoinshooter
Date: June 04, 2018 09:40AM
Nice going good approach. The history along that tidal river will contribute to all kinds of discoveries. Beside a couple of colonial reinforced trading posts there were many ship building sites just to give an example. Living in CT presents opportunities to recover bits of our 300+ year history.
Congrats on a nice LC!

Date: June 04, 2018 10:37AM
Ytcoinshooter
Nice going good approach. The history along that tidal river will contribute to all kinds of discoveries. Beside a couple of colonial reinforced trading posts there were many ship building sites just to give an example. Living in CT presents opportunities to recover bits of our 300+ year history.
Congrats on a nice LC!
Thanks I live between two major waterways in eastern ct the old landings along the two rivers always produce
With points and all types of. Colonial coins and relics it’s unbelievable

Posted by: Ytcoinshooter
Date: June 04, 2018 11:14AM
Mkus

Congrats on a nice LC!
Thanks I live between two major waterways in eastern ct the old landings along the two rivers always produce
Sounds great! I'm west of the river, 18 minutes due west from Hartford. I like traveling all over the state when opportunities present or even just to freestyle.

Date: June 04, 2018 11:56AM
Ytcoinshooter

Congrats on a nice LC!
Sounds great! I'm west of the river, 18 minutes due west from Hartford. I like traveling all over the state when opportunities present or even just to freestyle.
Im in old lyme so I beach hunt a lot to access to more river spots is gained with the use of boat or canoe hit all along below the low tide no one can tell you scram!

Posted by: bootyhoundpa
Date: June 04, 2018 05:20PM
"Down by the river " seems to be the latest hot spot with you Connecticut guys... that largie is in decent shape too..congrats..

Date: June 05, 2018 06:08AM
bootyhoundpa
"Down by the river " seems to be the latest hot spot with you Connecticut guys... that largie is in decent shape too..congrats..
It’s one of my favorite places to hunt and by boat more virgin ground I’m still hunting for a bust coin I’ll find it!
I have a tall date 1846 large cent it looked as if it was dropped when it was minted only 3” in the ground
This spot had nice sandy soil so that tends to preserve the coppers better
My friend had a surface 1805 large cent find!
Great shape to

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2018 06:10AM by Mkus.

Posted by: GarrettGuru
Date: June 05, 2018 08:31PM
Man what a day!

Garrett ACE 300 w/ DD Search Coil

Posted by: Foreverteachable
Date: June 10, 2018 09:07PM
Awesome guys!. I grew up in CT and make it back as much as I can. Lots of history for sure.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login