Findmall.com

Today's Finds Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Big silver never gets old !!! Great Sunday evening!!!
Posted by: Mkus
Date: June 18, 2018 07:26AM
Well I hunted Saturday with two friends an old hotel that’s been shut down and we pulled some old wheats and one clad Kennedy half .
We were thinking has to be some silver here ?? Nope I nailed a nice 1907 Indian oldest coin.
So Sunday around 7:30 I decided to go hunt a old property that’s being gutted out along a river.
I had a low 90 hit and out popped a wheat cent .
Well it’s was very slow after that so I decided to hit the small field where I started and in the middle of the field I had a faint hi tone which hit 97!
So I was a little excited because on the Deus 97 is almost always big silver and this time was no exception!
I dug deep about 8” down I could not find the signal so I scanned the hole again nothing!
I turned over the loose dirt and there she was my first peace Dollar! A 1923!
I then snapped a quick pic and scanned the area and got a 94 right near by and dug a 1943 Washington and a 1943 s war nickel together!
Not more than a foot away could it have been a unbelievable pocket spill? I’ll never know but what a great 2 hour hunt!
Pays off to be persistent and go slow !!
This year has been incredible so far for big silver 5 half’s and two dollars so far!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/18/2018 07:27AM by Mkus.

Re: Big silver never gets old !!! Great Sunday evening!!!
Posted by: doc holiday232
Date: June 18, 2018 09:08AM
WOW--nice silver. Congrats.

Posted by: woody
Date: June 18, 2018 09:34AM
Thanks for reminding me what real silver coins look like. I find a lot of nice things on this farm but silver is very elusive. Nice finds!

Posted by: Foreverteachable
Date: June 18, 2018 09:09PM
Excellent digs!

Posted by: kschae4
Date: June 19, 2018 05:18AM
Wow, a great looker....nice hunt !

Minelab Safari/BH Land Star/ Garrett Pro-Pointer
"Cause down the shore everything's all right"
Oldest identifiable coin- 1775 King George lll half penny
Most bizarre find: http://www.findmall.com/read.php?3,1835200,1835200#msg-1835200

Date: June 19, 2018 05:40AM
Thanks don't know if it was my shovel or something else that got the top of the peace dollar little ding!

Posted by: earthlypotluck
Date: June 20, 2018 06:19AM
:drool: Amazing finds! You are definitely having a super year!

Fear is paralyzing and courage is liberating. No matter what is put in front of you, there is always a way to make it work.

Dreams are just dreams, goals are dreams with deadlines. The desire to succeed comes from within. Stay focused on your goals, and if people say that you can’t do something, get them out of your life and move on.

Date: June 20, 2018 09:45AM
earthlypotluck
:drool: Amazing finds! You are definitely having a super year!
Thanks,
this time of year I like to hunt at night a lot cooler or early am when less people are around being summertime I like to keep a low profile..

Posted by: timwied
Date: June 20, 2018 10:11PM
Very nice! Congrats Mkus! I found my 1892 O Morgan Dollar, 1901 O Barber Dime and 1900 Barber Quarter all within a 10 ft space in less than 5 minutes this last February. Definitely a good year!!! I don't think mine was one pocket spill, because the Dollar wasn't worn but the quarter and dime were worn quite a bit.

Fisher F4, Garrett Pro Pinpointer Pro AT,Started Detecting December 31, 2013, Oldest 2014 - 1861 Seated Liberty Dime. 2015: 1863 & 1864 Indian Head Cents, 1 foot apart. 2016: 1700's Chinese Cash Coin & Fatty, no date, 1860-1864 Indian Head Cent, Two 52 caliber ringtail sharps Confederate Bullets, and 4 pistol balls in the same hole. Two Union Bullets, one is 58 caliber Williams Cleaner. 2017: 1863 Indian Head Cent, U.S. Civil War Waist Plate (Buckle), Sterling U.S. Collar Pin.

Re: Big silver never gets old !!! Great Sunday evening!!!N/T
Posted by: timwied
Date: June 20, 2018 10:11PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Fisher F4, Garrett Pro Pinpointer Pro AT,Started Detecting December 31, 2013, Oldest 2014 - 1861 Seated Liberty Dime. 2015: 1863 & 1864 Indian Head Cents, 1 foot apart. 2016: 1700's Chinese Cash Coin & Fatty, no date, 1860-1864 Indian Head Cent, Two 52 caliber ringtail sharps Confederate Bullets, and 4 pistol balls in the same hole. Two Union Bullets, one is 58 caliber Williams Cleaner. 2017: 1863 Indian Head Cent, U.S. Civil War Waist Plate (Buckle), Sterling U.S. Collar Pin.

Posted by: zac
Date: June 21, 2018 07:46PM
Good job Mkus! Do you prefer your Deus over your Equinox for old silver coin hunting? Those are my two detectors and I’m having a good time using both.

Date: June 22, 2018 05:48AM
zac
Good job Mkus! Do you prefer your Deus over your Equinox for old silver coin hunting? Those are my two detectors and I’m having a good time using both.
I do prefer it I had an Etrac to sold it for the Equinox the etrac was killing my tennis elbow so I got the equinox which I like but its mostly my saltwater beach machine..
In one years time I've amassed so crazy silver finds with my Deus i'm getting the HF elliptical coil for it next..

Posted by: Dekeyser68
Date: June 22, 2018 04:55PM
The Washington looks like a ‘54

Date: June 23, 2018 09:20AM
Dekeyser68
The Washington looks like a ‘54
Yes it is and I went back and got a 1944 to

Posted by: always diggin 2
Date: June 23, 2018 06:05PM
Wow! Heckuva hunt! Congrats.

Started detecting Oct 2010 w/Tracker 4; March 2011 upgraded to F2; Compadre; Leashe; Makro PP; F44

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login